1B glove recommendation

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 18, 2018
Hi all, a question for the glove gurus here. My 12u DD looks to be picking up time at first and was looking to get her a new glove. Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

May 22, 2020
I’m the same boat actually. Curious to see the answers!

Been looking at the Rawlings HOH and the Liberty Advanced pretty hard. All higher end gloves and for alil extra, the Wilson A2000 model is also in the running. Just haven’t found any first hand use from girls our age.

Feb 13, 2020
Hi! I didn't play softball (baseball) but loved the Liberty series from back when it was Worth. I always thought they were the most comfortable! I would highly recommend them!

Feb 13, 2020
Hi all, a question for the glove gurus here. My 12u DD looks to be picking up time at first and was looking to get her a new glove. Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Are you looking for a high end option that will last a long time or something more reasonable as she it seems she is new to the position? An MVP Prime is a great option on the cheaper side and the softer leather will be much easier than a higher end model to get into game shape as the season is going on now. I would definitely recommend them.

Aug 18, 2018
Are you looking for a high end option that will last a long time or something more reasonable as she it seems she is new to the position? An MVP Prime is a great option on the cheaper side and the softer leather will be much easier than a higher end model to get into game shape as the season is going on now. I would definitely recommend them.
Thanks for the recommendation. I'll be sure to check it out.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Just my opinion, me personally, I don’t really like a 1B trapper on a small, young 10U player, and ONLY on a 12U player that’s above average in overall size, especially her hands.

Using Vinci for reference, the 12.5” BV1929 and the RV1961 make excellent 1B gloves that can be used in multiple positions.

Just my opinion, definitely not the case for everyone I know!

Oct 26, 2019
I second Anna’s dad. The best 1B mitt for 10U or 12U is the fielders glove they are most confident with.

I played a stretch at first in college due to team injuries after never playing it growing up (played SS/3B). I will always remember putting the first base mitt on for the first time and thinking “how could you miss anything with this huge thing”.

Mar 6, 2016
So I will second ANNASDAD about the Vinci 1929 - my daughter plays a lot at 1B and prefers the Vinci over her A2000 1B mitt. The A2000 will last a long time but extremely difficult to break in. The Vinci is also lighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
DD is a catcher with 3B being her normal second position. New team has a few 3B so coach asked her to work in at 1B so naturally I bought her a 1B glove:ROFLMAO:. Picked up a Liberty Advanced off of Amazon for 150.00 shipped. She has a L/A catchers glove so it was an easy guess she would like the 1B model. She loves it. Very nice glove. Still breaking it in but it won't take too much longer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802