19 Sluggers defective?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2019
We finally got a chance to get on a field yesterday for a couple of hours.
We used every bat in the bag and had some disturbing results.
It was 54’ at 5:30 when we started. In the mid 40’s at 7:30 when we finished.
We saved the new bats for last which I really didn’t want to use below 60’.
Against my better judgement I let the kids use their favorite “game bats”.
All the bats performed well which means the girls are hitting well which is always a treat for me.
Anyway, at the end of hitting session the girls were saying the 19 Xeno & LXT were making noises and the barrel was moving on the Xeno.
The LXT has a rattle in the handle and another in the barrel. Resin/glue came loose apparently.
The Xeno the internals were shifting/moving down towards the end cap during swings. Strange feeling and not moving on every swing.
Very surprised we have 17 LXT, Xeno, & 18 PXT, & Xeno. All these bats have been bullet proof.
The good news I guess is that the Ghost DS & Adv. are none the worse for wear.
Anybody else have bad experience with 19 Sluggers?

Dec 11, 2010
Is that bat white/gold letters? Kid that hits with me just destroyed one within a few months. 3-4 shark tooth cracks.

She broke a white LXT with blue letters in half at the barrel a year or two ago. DD’s blue ghost she swung for about a year bit the big burrito this week. It had 4.1 billion swings on it Lol.

I agree this post should be moved to equipment forum. Honest mistake, easily fixed by mods.

May 29, 2015
Said it before, and I’ll say it again:

That white and gold LXT was the bat I tossed out far more often than any other model last year. What you describe was the reason.

A coach told me “All of them do that.”
My reply: ”Seems that way. That explains why I toss them out regularly.”

Mar 28, 2014

That white and gold LXT was the bat I tossed out far more often than any other model last year. What you describe was the reason.

What is the thinking behind tossing bats for rattles?A safety thing?

Apr 28, 2019
Is that bat white/gold letters? Kid that hits with me just destroyed one within a few months. 3-4 shark tooth cracks.

She broke a white LXT with blue letters in half at the barrel a year or two ago. DD’s blue ghost she swung for about a year bit the big burrito this week. It had 4.1 billion swings on it Lol.

I agree this post should be moved to equipment forum. Honest mistake, easily fixed by mods.

Yes White/Gold bat had maybe 100 swings on it. Was always stored inside along with the balls we hit. It was below 60’ but the other bats held-up fine.
The 19 Xeno we got over a year out of and several thousand swings. Not really upset about this one but will try and get it replaced via credit card “double the warranty”.

Apr 28, 2019

Yeah MIB the rattle is due to resin/glue coming loose and moving around inside the barrel.
Not a safety issue just an annoying sound. Doesn’t effect performance at all.
The cracks in paint/composite are what get my attention. Don’t want a “blowout” during an at bat.
Honestly the bats rarely do more than crack along the barrel. The only bats I’ve seen snap in half were 2015/2016 Demarini’s.

May 21, 2018
What size/weight? Ours was 32” 22. She loves the bat and wants the exact same one again. I’m thinking maybe go with a drop 9 2020.

31" drop 10. I bought a 2019 Xeno as a backup but we haven't hit with it much. Right now she is using a slightly cracked Ghost to practice with. Doesn't sound real healthy but still hits really well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802