17yo Maddie

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Maddie hasn't felt quite right in the box over the last two weekends, and her performance has been a little off. After a 2-and-Q exit from this weekend's tournament for Maddie's team, we were faced with the unusual situation of not being at a softball field on Father's Day (first time in 10 years). Maddie asked to go to our local park to try to find her groove again.

In reviewing video after the session, Maddie noted that her hands were starting a little too soon, and she wasn't getting full stretch around her rear hip. I love how her ability to self-analyze has developed.

Jun 8, 2016
Maddie hasn't felt quite right in the box over the last two weekends, and her performance has been a little off. After a 2-and-Q exit from this weekend's tournament for Maddie's team, we were faced with the unusual situation of not being at a softball field on Father's Day (first time in 10 years). Maddie asked to go to our local park to try to find her groove again.

In reviewing video after the session, Maddie noted that her hands were starting a little too soon, and she wasn't getting full stretch around her rear hip. I love how her ability to self-analyze has developed.

Marcela put one ear bud in the other day when she was hitting "I can hear you in the other ear" she said. Notice she didn't say listen to me.. :ROFLMAO:

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Marcela put one ear bud in the other day when she was hitting "I can hear you in the other ear" she said. Notice she didn't say listen to me.. :ROFLMAO:

Usually Maddie uses AirPods. This is the first time she's brought her over-ear headphones to the park. Since my job is just to pitch and watch the ball fly, we don't need to communicate much. If I need to say something, I give her a hand signal and wait until she stops her music and unplugs one side. She's one of those people who focus better with music on.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
The clock is ticking. Not much time left for many more of these…

On a side note…We were driving home from yesterday’s game, listening to Foo Fighters really loud, with both of us singing enthusiastically, and filling in brief moments of air guitar and drums (as we tend to do). I paused the music, and told her that those kinds of moments are one of the things I’m going to miss the most. Maddie agreed with a big smile, gave me a fist bump, and pressed play again.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas

On a side note…We were driving home from yesterday’s game, listening to Foo Fighters really loud, with both of us singing enthusiastically, and filling in brief moments of air guitar and drums (as we tend to do). I paused the music, and told her that those kinds of moments are one of the things I’m going to miss the most. Maddie agreed with a big smile, gave me a fist bump, and pressed play again.

Love it!!!! Keep storing those memories in the bank.

Oct 26, 2019

Reminds me of the country song - “she thought we were fishing”. You guys will find something else to be “your thing”…if you haven’t already.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Reminds me of the country song - “she thought we were fishing”. You guys will find something else to be “your thing”…if you haven’t already.

Believe me, I’ve got plans. I have my own hobbies that will be revived…after I take care of the household issues that have been neglected for many years - LOL. My DD and I have been talking about some of our favorite experiences during her softball journey. 1 more tournament to go…

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
Believe me, I’ve got plans. I have my own hobbies that will be revived…after I take care of the household issues that have been neglected for many years - LOL. My DD and I have been talking about some of our favorite experiences during her softball journey. 1 more tournament to go…
I was just thinking about you the other day. Good times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28