17yo Maddie

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Maddie had a pretty good day with her HS team yesterday...Ground-rule 2B, 2-run HR, RBI walk, 2-run HR, Grand Slam!

Yesterday, we were talking about hitting, and intent. Maddie said she doesn't try to hit HRs. Her thought is line drive base hits to right-center. Maddie currently batting .652, and has as many HRs (6) as she has singles.

#imgoingtomissthis

Apr 25, 2019
Maddie had a pretty good day with her HS team yesterday...Ground-rule 2B, 2-run HR, RBI walk, 2-run HR, Grand Slam!

Yesterday, we were talking about hitting, and intent. Maddie said she doesn't try to hit HRs. Her thought is line drive base hits to right-center. Maddie currently batting .652, and has as many HRs (6) as she has singles.

#imgoingtomissthis

Dear lord, why on earth would they pitch to her?!?!? Great day indeed. Keep up the hard work Maddie.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Dear lord, why on earth would they pitch to her?!?!? Great day indeed. Keep up the hard work Maddie.

When she came up the 4th time, the game was not close (6-1). When she came up the 5th time, the score was 8-3, the bases were loaded, and what are the odds of a player hitting 3 HRs in one game?? The opposing team is one of the weaker ones in the league, but they have a developing young core, and they are a big step better than they've been in past years. They are taking their lumps, but improving.

At the end of the game, a bunch of the players from the opposing team chanted, "Maddie, you're amazing. We love you!" It was really nice. They also joined in when Maddie's team was singing happy birthday to a teammate. The coach has been around a long time, and hasn't had a lot of talent to work with, but I have huge respect for the culture he has developed in his program.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Nice recognition by a local HS sports page...

Jun 8, 2016
Nice recognition by a local HS sports page...
No player interview where she thanks dear old Dad for all his sacrifices?? Disappointing 😆

Nov 18, 2013
The "lasts" continue. Last HS game today... 😢

The cool thing is she has the opportunity to decide when some of those “lasts” will come. Most kids don’t have a say in it. Who knows she may get into coaching. Either way she’s going to thrive in her time at Oregon and later in life.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I'll cheer up the mood. What do you plan on doing with all the money you save on equipment/travel? Wait..she is going to college..nvm.

I am looking forward to having some time to do my stuff...after I do the stuff my DW wants me to do. 2 weeks ago, I finally started a home renovation project that we've been talking about for 10 years. Gotta get it done before TB starts - LOL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802