17yo Maddie

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Not really a post about hitting, but since this thread is more about Maddie's journey in the game, I'll post it here...

Maddie's very first experience with softball was on an 8U rec team. One of her teammates was the best player in the league (for her age), and her dad was the AC of the team. Maddie's determination to get better was largely fueled by wanting to be as good as her teammate, and the AC was very helpful with getting me point in the right direction in helping Maddie. That summer, the two were teammates again on the 8U all-star team, as well as the following fall and spring seasons of 10U, plus a select team the following fall. Over those years, the AC and I became good friends, and we coached together on some of those teams.

In 10U, both girls made the move to TB, but parted ways. They played against each other a few times over the following years, and have continued to play against each other in HS.

Yesterday, they shared the dirt for the final time.
1646844852539.png

Maddie's former teammate continues to be a dominating force on a softball field, and has committed to play at Oregon State (D1, Pac 12).

Feb 24, 2021
That is awesome, the friendships that are made on the field are the ones that can last a lifetime. Reading things like that is reminder of why I love the game and enjoy giving the time I do to it. Congrats to both girls!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
A bit early and out front on both, but it got the job done...

After getting stomped by much better teams in their first 3 games, Maddie's team lit it up against a weaker opponent. Maddie's second home run ended the game in the 6th inning (run rule). Just like last year, 4 games into the season, they have yet to play a full 7-inning game.

A proper OF fence is supposed to be installed today. Like everything else to do with softball at this school, it's late.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
First time for this one...

Maddie was intentionally walked TWICE in yesterday's game against their cross-town rival school. :ROFLMAO:

After a solid single in her first AB, and a HBP on the first pitch of her second AB, the rival coach took the bat out of her hands. With Maddie's team leading 2-1 in the 5th inning, and 1 runner on base, she got her first IBB. Both Maddie and her teammate scored on a hit by the next batter.

In the 7th, with the score 4-2, and a runner on, Maddie was again given an IBB. Her team pushed one more run across the plate in that inning on a bases-loaded walk, and closed out the game with a 5-2 win.

I can't fault the rival coach for his decision, honestly. He has seen Maddie hammer his pitchers for the last 3 years.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee