17yo Maddie

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
The cool thing is she has the opportunity to decide when some of those “lasts” will come. Most kids don’t have a say in it. Who knows she may get into coaching. Either way she’s going to thrive in her time at Oregon and later in life.

I can definitely see her getting into coaching.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Just tank..I mean I have a PhD but somehow I am unable to fold clothes the way DW wants me to..;)

That tactic doesn't play when it's tasks that my DW doesn't have the skills to complete. I trust my DD with power tools. My DW, not so much.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Maddie's final HS game was exciting! Down 4-0 with 2 outs in the bottom of the 5th inning, the top of the lineup strung together some good hits to score 2 runs. With a runner on 3B, Maddie delivered a monster bomb to tie the game. They gave up a run in the top of the 6th to make it 5-4. In the bottom of the 7th, Maddie's team scored to tie the game. With 1 runner on, Maddie came to the plate...and was intentionally walked. So was the next batter. With the bases loaded, a short fly ball by the #6 batter was caught, and the runner at 1B was doubled off to end the inning, sending the game to extras. In the top of the 8th, after a single to CF, F6 made a perfect relay throw to Maddie who tagged out a runner trying to score for the 3rd out, preserving the tie. Leading off the bottom of the 8th, our batter drew a walk, and stole 2B. Our smallest and least experienced freshman became the unlikely hero with a fly ball single dropping at the feet of F8, scoring the runner for a walk-off victory. :D Maddie's pitcher threw the full 8 innings, delivering a total of 147 pitches. After a lights-out 11 K, 0 BB game on Tuesday, her control was a bit off for the final game. She allowed 6 hits, 5 BB, 5 HBP, but she also struck out 12. She's a freshman, and developing really well.

Hugs, tears, and laughter followed the game as the team said goodbye to Maddie and the other seniors. Maddie is a skilled player, but she's also been a great leader and mentor for her younger teammates.

Maddie's team finished 8-10 overall, and 8-5 in league play. This is the best record her school's team has had since at least 2005 (probably longer). Maddie finished 2nd in the league for batting average (.613), and lead the league in HRs (7), slugging (1.452), and OBP (.727). She was also intentionally walked 4 times :ROFLMAO:

There are a lot of things we wished were different about Maddie's HS softball experience, but overall, it was pretty good.

One more summer of TB...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee