17 yr old Haley

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Mike Sorry !! Some of the efforts you have made to remove the errors within the journey and then go back and ask for Rich's acceptance just rubbed me the wrong way.

IMO, your feelings about TM have twisted your perspective on Mike's motivations. Mike isn't looking for approval from TM, just input on things that he might not be seeing himself. Doctors consult with other Doctors all the time. Also, just because you ask for an opinion from someone doesn't mean you're going to follow it. It's about information-gathering.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
this is about Mike? I would think he’d disagree. This is about Haley? Again don’t think so. His first post was about the mechanics and how she wasn’t having success. So this is about the content and HOW the person is finding success. So let’s make sure we note what worked and what didn’t.

did any ‘core’ guys take offense to Mike’s initial thread? Nope not one. We watched, read and laughed (at the irony) as Mike slowly changed one circus mechanic after another.

I’m sure the lurkers are appreciative that there is clarity. Why the need to bash the folks that try to bring truth to the thread. No agenda. Just what worked for the hitter.

if a kid finds success w the HLP. Ok. So what. But the thing is there just aren’t any of those stories to report. If you have any. Please inform all of us.

This is Mike's thread. He can discuss what he wants.

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
I will use and apply any drill or device necessary to help my athletes feel or understand what they’re doing with their swing. I also believe the core contributes to the swing. If that does or does not make me a 100% HLP , not my concern , I have someone that counting on me to help teach them and the clock is ticking. i don’t have time to be in anyone’s camp.

Ive been upfront with the struggles and learning both Haley and I’ve experienced while learning from Richard. I’m no expert or had planned to teach or even post anything about hitting but I honestly fell in love with the results from the power and quickness generated. It’s one thing to be a kid with home run power and a totally different thing when a smaller girl , like Haley , discovers that she also can hit with power like the big girls

. I started posting because I think others could learn from my mistakes and benefit from this method as Haley has. Most that use HLP or anything to do with Richard get an ear full So they don’t say anything or share. I’m not saying I have been treated bad quite the contrary everyones been great in sharing thought and ideas. I like when opposing views are expressed and shared, that’s how I learn. So thank you all that have shown an interest in mine and the girls I teach journey. I wish you all could join us when I work with Haley or Maddie and see how much fun it is to see them drive the ball 250 ft. it’s like a family reunion to me ......

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2020
Wow I missed all this drama somehow haha. Only people I can congratulate are player and her A #1 coach Mike haha.

To me, Mike seems to have done a great job of identifying holes/flaws and addressing them.

I think it also helps that Haley, after a year or so, could now be Optimus Prime's stunt double in the next transformer movie.(she looks much stronger).

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
Wow I missed all this drama somehow haha. Only people I can congratulate are player and her A #1 coach Mike haha.

To me, Mike seems to have done a great job of identifying holes/flaws and addressing them.

I think it also helps that Haley, after a year or so, could now be Optimus Prime's stunt double in the next transformer movie.(she looks much stronger).

Thanks Bonesaw she lifts weights twice a week for about 2 hours since her freshman year and yes I’m her condition coach. She really starting to grow athletically. Here’s a video her dad put together, if your interested.
BTY Haley has great genes. I see her so much I don’t notice her growth unless I look at old tape of her.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802