17 yr old Haley

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Mike,

correct me if I’m wrong here. You taught Haley to swing down via the Bonds/Yelich drill correct? Then she found success? Or something to that extent? It wasn’t via the Lotief spin the barrel right? Or the TM ‘on around’ stuff right? And you ditched the one legged cues right? She leveraged first then swings right? But you tried all the other TM stuff and she struggled correct?

so why the need to say your teaching her the HLP? Are you truly? Don’t think TM would say so. But more importantly do you think so?

Reactions: TDS
Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I’m here to share what I’ve learned and taught my players. I’m not an evangelist looking to convert others to this way of hitting but to share Haley’s , a few others, and eventually my granddaughters journey with softball. I’m passionate about the swing and pitching mechanics and am willing to share my knowledge if it helps someone. If your looking for mud slinging or why this is the right way, Its already been proven to and by Haley when she competes with the big hitters on the team hitting the ball 250+ . When she started with me she hit about 180 to center and right field. An occasional shot to left would carry the fence.

The most important piece of information for me is that Haley (and others) are finding success with your guidance. It's unfortunate that others have to try to turn this into their personal agendas.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I find it interesting how some people seem to believe that you're all in with how one particular person teaches the HLP, or all out. The important thing is finding what works best for the hitter, and every hitter is different. IMO, the 1-leg/2-pivot engine is excellent, but there are some components that go along with teaching that pattern that can be over-cooked and cause struggles. A good instructor will recognize when things are going too far, and will find ways for that particular hitter to keep from falling down that hole. Sometimes that might mean applying doses of what might seem contrary to the desired pattern. From what I have seen with how Mike instructs Haley and my DD, he does an excellent job.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
The most important piece of information for me is that Haley (and others) are finding success with your guidance. It's unfortunate that others have to try to turn this into their personal agendas.

this is about Mike? I would think he’d disagree. This is about Haley? Again don’t think so. His first post was about the mechanics and how she wasn’t having success. So this is about the content and HOW the person is finding success. So let’s make sure we note what worked and what didn’t.

did any ‘core’ guys take offense to Mike’s initial thread? Nope not one. We watched, read and laughed (at the irony) as Mike slowly changed one circus mechanic after another.

I’m sure the lurkers are appreciative that there is clarity. Why the need to bash the folks that try to bring truth to the thread. No agenda. Just what worked for the hitter.

if a kid finds success w the HLP. Ok. So what. But the thing is there just aren’t any of those stories to report. If you have any. Please inform all of us.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Mike Sorry !! Some of the efforts you have made to remove the errors within the journey and then go back and ask for Rich's acceptance just rubbed me the wrong way.

jvh3Eon.gif

QfHoYjx.gif

May 24, 2013
So Cal
This is about Haley? Again don’t think so. His first post was about the mechanics and how she wasn’t having success. So this is about the content and HOW the person is finding success. So let’s make sure we note what worked and what didn’t.

This thread is about Haley's journey. It's a continuation of the previous threads about her, refreshed because she is now a year older, as has become a custom with these types of stories.

Jun 8, 2016
See, this is what happens when Marcela doesn't play for a few weekends and you guys don't have to talk me off a ledge..She is playing this weekend so all will go back to normal.... :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802