17 yr old Haley

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Thanks for the vote of confidence, much appreciated.

if you listen to his assessment of her swing and look at this at bat, you can see what he describes she is doing.

She’s all in as to hitting this way. She has developed more power than she ever thought was possible for her size . If it translates at the next level remains to be seen. For now, we’re refining and focusing on timing.

Mike, I have nothing but respect for your efforts in helping kids develop !! You have done a nice job duplicating Dicks pattern.. While she is having lots of success now IMO her swing was better and more natural before the pattern change, although I have nothing but her tee swings to compare.

jH8OC14.gif

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
Mike, I have nothing but respect for your efforts in helping kids develop !! You have done a nice job duplicating Dicks pattern.. While she is having lots of success now IMO her swing was better and more natural before the pattern change, although I have nothing but her tee swings to compare.

jH8OC14.gif

She could not cover the plate with this swing. Pitchers we’re getting better and hitting the outside corner and she’d hit weak grounders Or mis over the top on inside low.

I totally understand where your coming from and respect you advice and thoughts. Please continue to share your observations. If we can use and apply it to her swing we will. I believe the core contributes to powering the swing. It’s the timing of it that I have concerns about.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
She could not cover the plate with this swing. Pitchers we’re getting better and hitting the outside corner and she’d hit weak grounders Or mis over the top on inside low.

Like I said it would have been nice to see a live pitch with her previous pattern to determine plat coverage issues..

I totally understand where your coming from and respect you advice and thoughts. Please continue to share your observations. If we can use and apply it to her swing we will. I believe the core contributes to powering the swing. It’s the timing of it that I have concerns about.

What are your timing concerns

May 24, 2013
So Cal

jH8OC14.gif

Interesting that you like the swing that struggled to find success at the 16U/HS level, but don't like the one that is producing results with significantly better power as well as improved plate coverage. Over the past few week, Haley has been recognized multiple times as a top player in the area for her hitting, even more than her pitching (which is also very good).

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Interesting that you like the swing that struggled to find success at the 16U/HS level, but don't like the one that is producing results with significantly better power as well as improved plate coverage. Over the past few week, Haley has been recognized multiple times as a top player in the area for her hitting, even more than her pitching (which is also very good).

Like I said above would like to have seen some live swings with this pattern to verify causes (was she abaf ?).

jH8OC14.gif

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
I’m here to share what I’ve learned and taught my players. I’m not an evangelist looking to convert others to this way of hitting but to share Haley’s , a few others, and eventually my granddaughters journey with softball. I’m passionate about the swing and pitching mechanics and am willing to share my knowledge if it helps someone. If your looking for mud slinging or why this is the right way, Its already been proven to and by Haley when she competes with the big hitters on the team hitting the ball 250+ . When she started with me she hit about 180 to center and right field. An occasional shot to left would carry the fence.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802