17 yr old Haley

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
The open stance gives you a stronger coil feeling.
I would like to see a catcher-view video of Haley. Most (non-MLB) hitters that start with an open stance only get back to even, and never actually coil inward. The side videos I've seen don't seem that she is actually coiling beyond 'even'.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Shawn, since this is Haley's thread can you use examples of players who actually utilize the same movement pattern ? None of the videos you share match what Rich teaches (forced actions out of sequence).

Funny, lol. “It is hard to fill a cup that is already full”.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I think the best hitters get into a ‘sit’ position at gather and take that out and adjust down when needed. A ‘fall’ to me is releasing the swing(shift) to go hit, if that makes sense. Trying to do it the other way seems hard to control.

Mike seems to fall when the pitch is lower. could be my eyes. who knows.

1622563030857.gif

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I think the best hitters get into a ‘sit’ position at gather and take that out and adjust down when needed. A ‘fall’ to me is releasing the swing(shift) to go hit, if that makes sense. Trying to do it the other way seems hard to control.

Mike seems to fall when the pitch is lower. could be my eyes. who knows.

View attachment 22307

Would be interesting to see the actual pitch for each example. I would guess that he is falling more when adjusting to off speed.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
What percent of MLB'ers do you think had their UFAs actually taught to them..be honest.

I am guessing most of them figured it out on there own.. It's what makes the hitting position such a valuable measure. Find a UFA that allows one to be athletic naturally and let the athlete play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802