16yo Maddie

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Any issues, problems with the Ghost Advanced as others have found ? Cracking etc. My 12 yr old daughter uses the 2018 Grey Ghost 31/20 right now and is hitting a growth spurt (she's 5-2 1/2 about 100 ) and think she needs to step up bit in length/weight. Probably to a 32/22.

No issues so far, but she doesn't have a lot of time with it yet. I think she swung it for the first time just about a month ago. She still has her 2018 ASA that she used for 15 months. It's still intact. Her 2020 is showed the first cracks after 14 mo. I got her a 2020 Stars-and Stripes that lasted just a couple of months before the barrel-handle joint got really loose. Easton replaced it with an Adv. Unfortunately, she needed a bat for a showcase before the warranty replacement showed up, so I ended up buying an Adv from Core. That's the one she's using now. The warranty replacement one is still in the wrapper.

Keep in mind that the 2 oz jump you're pondering will be a big one. Expect some time to adapt to the change.

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
A few swings from Maddie's cage session last night...

I really enjoy watching this girl hit things with a stick. :)

At this point, we aren't really making any mechanical changes. The focus is mostly on timing control and approach. She's had an issue with making contact too far out front, and it's caused her some problems. We're trying to get her to adjust her intended contact point a little deeper. The tennis ball at the back of the plate is a mental reminder for her about deeper contact.

Looks Awesome - Pitching strategy against her. 1- High Inside off the plate, 2-low outside just outside the river 3 - low outside in the river 4 - low outside in the river. TAKE YOUR BASE!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Looks Awesome - Pitching strategy against her. 1- High Inside off the plate, 2-low outside just outside the river 3 - low outside in the river 4 - low outside in the river. TAKE YOUR BASE!

She definitely sees a lot of inside pitches. 17 of which resulted in HBP and a free trip to 1B. That tied her record for most in a season. Next highest on her team was 6.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802