16yo Maddie

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
A few swings from last night's team BP session...

She's made a couple of little tweaks, recently. She's allowing her front foot to roll over. She feels that it frees up her body to turn a little easier. She is also setting up with her rear foot toed-in just a little bit more than she used to. She's feeling a little tighter coil.

First games of 2021 this weekend. I expect the team to be rusty and sloppy. It's been over 2 months since they have played.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
She is driving the ball nicely. Driving the ball or getting your weight behind the ball is largely timing. You can’t just say hit the ball hard to drive it.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
A few swings from last night's team BP session...

She's made a couple of little tweaks, recently. She's allowing her front foot to roll over. She feels that it frees up her body to turn a little easier. She is also setting up with her rear foot toed-in just a little bit more than she used to. She's feeling a little tighter coil.

First games of 2021 this weekend. I expect the team to be rusty and sloppy. It's been over 2 months since they have played.

Swing is looking great. My DD rolls (opens) up the front foot, not on purpose. Her body just does it.

Can't wait to see her competing the WCWS!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Swing is looking great. My DD rolls (opens) up the front foot, not on purpose. Her body just does it.

Can't wait to see her competing the WCWS!

I think Maddie stumbled into it by accident, but recognized that some MLB players do the same thing. She has experimented with it, and it liking the adjustment.

Don't hold your breath on WCWS. It's not looking like she's interested in a D1 path.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Don't hold your breath on WCWS. It's not looking like she's interested in a D1 path.
I think that is a great idea too. Why not let Maddie set some HR records at a D3 school somewhere! She could lead them to the D3 WCWS? DD plays D3 and was just named to the conference "Players to Watch List" as a sophomore. That right there validates all the work she did to get to this point. She would most likely not be getting that recognition if she played D1, although she could have played a mid major somewhere. She would have been a middle of the road player.

May 16, 2019
Great job Maddie!!! I think she's completing her load better pre launch. She definitely has a big motor that loves to destroy the ball and kids with big motors sometimes have balance and timing issues. That's why pitchers usually give them a double helping of change ups?

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
A few swings from last night's cage session...

She's been struggling a little bit with being under the ball - making contact with the bottom half or missing low. Her intent this session was to just make solid contact, which she did pretty well on a majority of her swings. There were a few pop-ups, but a lot more were squared up really well.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
In my honest opinion she has some drag. Not bat drag. Body drag. Which makes the bat late to contact. A checkpoint I use is when the middle turns the bat should be gaining ground. I know you use a different pattern than I. So take it for what it’s worth.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
A few swings from last night's cage session...

She's been struggling a little bit with being under the ball - making contact with the bottom half or missing low. Her intent this session was to just make solid contact, which she did pretty well on a majority of her swings. There were a few pop-ups, but a lot more were squared up really well.

Very Nice! I think someone had a Sammy Sosa gif somewhere maybe Shawn, but has anyone ever said her swing looks like Sosa's? Maybe i am way off.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee