16yo Maddie

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 8, 2016
Eric
I am glad for the most important part of that post and that is that she is having fun again and wanting to go to practice. One of my fears was that my dd would look back and regret all she missed out on because of softball. As it turned out she liked practive and tournaments more as she got closer to college.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Eric
I am glad for the most important part of that post and that is that she is having fun again and wanting to go to practice. One of my fears was that my dd would look back and regret all she missed out on because of softball. As it turned out she liked practive and tournaments more as she got closer to college.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I think there have been moments where Maddie feels like she missed out on some stuff, but she also realizes the stuff she has gotten to do, the places she 's seen, and the friends she's made BECAUSE of softball.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
So she's happy with the bat? Tell her that she can do the same damage in college too! She would make any College coach happy with that swing!

She says she actually likes the feel of her 2020 Ghost better (Adv is a little more "balanced"), but there is no denying that the Adv has some serious pop. I can't really say it's more that the 2020, but it's certainly not less. I didn't really want to buy the Adv, but Maddie broke her 2020 2 weeks ago, and we knew Easton wasn't going to get a warranty replacement back to us before this past weekend's showcase event. DW told me to buy another bat for her. I didn't argue ;) Core hustled it out the door, and it got to us on time.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2013
Texas
DD came home for the weekend for her Winter job training. We decided to go watch one of her former teammate's team play on Saturday afternoon. As we were sitting there watching she said Dad, I kind of miss this. Took me by surprise as she says that she has PTSD from the drive to the fields. She hasn't played a competitive game since last March, and I think she is itching to play. Unfortunately her California Spring Break trip has been cancelled, but her Spring schedule has been posted on the team site. 1st game is Feb 6th. Wife said, let's start looking at reserving hotel rooms. I said, let's wait as I don't want to jinx it.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Eric, just curious, what length/weight does Maddie use for the GhostAdvance bat?

33/23. Same size since second year of 12U. She switched from CF8 to Ghost in 14U, effectively adding another ounce. She hasn't gotten any taller (5'-6") since 14U, and neither of us have seen a compelling reason to go any longer.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
A few swings from Maddie's cage session last night...

I really enjoy watching this girl hit things with a stick. :)

At this point, we aren't really making any mechanical changes. The focus is mostly on timing control and approach. She's had an issue with making contact too far out front, and it's caused her some problems. We're trying to get her to adjust her intended contact point a little deeper. The tennis ball at the back of the plate is a mental reminder for her about deeper contact.

Mar 6, 2016
33/23. Same size since second year of 12U. She switched from CF8 to Ghost in 14U, effectively adding another ounce. She hasn't gotten any taller (5'-6") since 14U, and neither of us have seen a compelling reason to go any longer.

Any issues, problems with the Ghost Advanced as others have found ? Cracking etc. My 12 yr old daughter uses the 2018 Grey Ghost 31/20 right now and is hitting a growth spurt (she's 5-2 1/2 about 100 ) and think she needs to step up bit in length/weight. Probably to a 32/22.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28