16yo Maddie

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 26, 2019
Seriously - it’s a crime to punish the girl for hitting it that far by making her sprint around the bases! You hit it that far you have earned a slow jog!

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
What the hell were the opposing OFers thinking? Coach thinking? That was a BOMB but come on coach back them up.

How do you predict a hit like that? Her previous AB in this game (different P) she miss-hit a line drive that dropped just behind F5. Maddie hadn’t shown anything significantly threatening against this team.

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
High school softball is wild. There are pitchers who are just months away from playing with their D1 college team, and pitchers who are new to the game. In our league, it's pretty much extremes...and then there's my DD's team. The top 4 teams are stacked with TB players. The bottom 3 teams have zero TB players. Maddie's team as a few TB players, and a few that have never been on a softball field before this season. We get run-ruled by the top teams, and we run-rule the bottom teams. We've had just one game go the full 7 innings, and it was still a lopsided 8-2 win. Today is the last game of the season against one of the bottom teams, who is also the school's cross-town rival. We will be saying goodbye to 3 seniors, including our only 2 pitchers. Next year (Maddie's senior year), unless we get some magical freshman unicorn, we are going to be one of those bottom teams.

This year, Maddie has really struggled to square up the ball very against slow pitching. It's deeply frustrated her. Yesterday, it seems she solved the problem, and had her first-ever multi-HR game...

May 7, 2015
SoCal
Amazing, 2 grand slams!!! The pitcher was definitely not throwing gas, but 2HR's is 2HR's.. All that front toss bashing has paid off! You'll never forget that game.. Nice job Maddie

Feb 1, 2021
First off, GSs are always awesome. Congrats.

No judgement, just an honest comment. That is not fastpitch softball. We have one that throws 40-ish, which by all accounts in slow and extremely tricky to hit. Her pitches have half the height of that one.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Awesome job Maddie!!

As a former coach, I have to admit I would have questioned pitching to her in the 2nd at bat. If I knew the team only had a few travel ball players and one just homered previously in that game, I would have to consider intentionally walking her and taking my chances with whomever is behind Maddie in the lineup. Yes, I realize that a walk would give up a run, but giving up 1 is better than giving up 4. Especially if we can face someone far less talented in the next at bat.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Amazing, 2 grand slams!!! The pitcher was definitely not throwing gas, but 2HR's is 2HR's.. All that front toss bashing has paid off! You'll never forget that game.. Nice job Maddie

2 different pitchers, actually. The second one was a touch faster, but more wild. A this point, the game was totally out of hand for the other team, and the P was just getting experience.

First off, GSs are always awesome. Congrats.

No judgement, just an honest comment. That is not fastpitch softball. We have one that throws 40-ish, which by all accounts in slow and extremely tricky to hit. Her pitches have half the height of that one.

We have 3 teams in our league that look like that. The other 5 teams (including Maddie's) all have Ps throwing in the mid-50's and faster. It's pretty bi-polar.

Awesome job Maddie!!

As a former coach, I have to admit I would have questioned pitching to her in the 2nd at bat. If I knew the team only had a few travel ball players and one just homered previously in that game, I would have to consider intentionally walking her and taking my chances with whomever is behind Maddie in the lineup. Yes, I realize that a walk would give up a run, but giving up 1 is better than giving up 4. Especially if we can face someone far less talented in the next at bat.

This was actually ABs #1 and #5 in the game. In between, she had 2 foul pop-ups caught for outs, and a FC that scored a run. As I mentioned above, the game was out of hand by the time she came up for the second bomb, and the pitcher was just getting experience. I think it was 15-0, at that point. A few more runs allowed made zero difference. Both of their Ps were giving up plenty of unintentional walks. I'm not sure they would be able to do it on purpose, unless they just rolled the ball on the ground - LOL.

Maddie is really, really ready to get back to playing only TB games, with a full team of girls that know how to play the game.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3girlsDad