16u softball training?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 30, 2020
Hi! What are some softball training things that you can do at home? I want to one day be able to play for a travel team, but am new at softball and still learning just about everything i can. Is there any workouts that you do with your players and whatnot?? I want to get in shape so i can perform better on the field but am very confused where to start. Sorta like softball homework?

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Obvious answer is what you said, get in shape. Pushups, sit ups, jogging, etc.

If you are on your own throw balls against a brick wall, not softballs. Go to field and toss balls up and hit them.

Skipping rocks on water is OK too.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2020
like 50 pushups, 10 sprints up the death hill (massive incline that is very hard to run up) walking/running 2 miles a day sorta thing?

Jun 26, 2020
There is nothing wrong with starting to play at 16. I actually prefer coaching someone who hasn't played against someone who's been listening to garbage for many years.

You can actually do a lot of work at your house. Get used to feeling the weight of a bat as you swing it in your backyard. Try to be as loose and relaxed as possible. Also, you can do barehanded Fielding as well. Hand eye coordination is critical in the sport at a high level. Just work on focus and find someone who has patience to work with you.

Jun 30, 2020
Thank you guys for helping during the summer time, I now possibly have highschool ball again (maybe fingers crossed ) and have been most recently working to improve my form for weighted squats, dead lifts, and pullups. I really want to get stronger and was gonna post this question again not rembering that this was here, so thank you. Do you think tennis balls are a good subsided for softballs? Or things such as soft weighted softballs to use.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802