16u . No experience looking for advice and thoughts on her catching. Catcher .

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I will as soon as I can . Question though . How would I get a video of it ? I don't have anyone else to video .

Set up your phone in a place that captures the view you need. Start the video. Do your throws. Stop the video. Edit later.

You don't need to have another person. Anything that will hold your phone in one place at the right angle is fine. A tripod with an adapter to hold a phone is the fancy method. If that's not available to you, get creative. I've just put a shoe on the ground and leaned the phone against the shoe.

Oct 3, 2019
Thank you. I'm really working hard. What is a good pop time? I think my speed when I throw is pretty good . 😁
Work on your throwing motion. Your arm needs to come up with your throwing hand near your ear, quickly. Try to throw hard on a line, not a long rainbow to second base, or any base. Throwing is a big part of catching and a strong, accurate, arm is one measure of a good catcher. Also, the catcher is very involved in the setting up of other positions and plays so, must know the game situation at all times. They are the field general in a sense so, experience will be key. Let your coach know you are committed and willing to learn. It's a very specialized position and would be difficult to just start doing. Observe other catchers and definitely, use online resources to learn all you can. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee