16u beginner learning to bat update .

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 17, 2019
How did tryouts go?
So stinking impressed with your growth. Just goes to show what hard work and the right mindset will do.
Lots of good things. Front side resistance, bat path is parallel to your shoulders, getting decent separation. Can't wait to see what it translates to in a game swing. ;)
Still think you're holding back cause you're afraid to break a window there. That's fine for reinforcing the mechanics. Like to see you though on an empty field swinging like you want to put it over the fence for a couple.

Feb 25, 2020
How did tryouts go?
So stinking impressed with your growth. Just goes to show what hard work and the right mindset will do.
Lots of good things. Front side resistance, bat path is parallel to your shoulders, getting decent separation. Can't wait to see what it translates to in a game swing. ;)
Still think you're holding back cause you're afraid to break a window there. That's

Yes very intersted!

Apr 3, 2020
How did tryouts go?
Still think you're holding back cause you're afraid to break a window there. That's fine for reinforcing the mechanics. Like to see you though on an empty field swinging like you want to put it over the fence for a couple.
Tryouts went okay I think . I think I did pretty good . The coaches seemed to like me . I won't find out if I made the team till Wednesday night. I'm using plastic balls so nothing can break . I've also started to switch hit now . I'll let everyone know the results asap. They liked my batting and running most it seemed .

Feb 25, 2020
Tryouts went okay I think . I think I did pretty good . The coaches seemed to like me . I won't find out if I made the team till Wednesday night. I'm using plastic balls so nothing can break . I've also started to switch hit now . I'll let everyone know the results asap. They liked my batting and running most it seemed .

Thank you! I hope they're smart coaches.

Apr 3, 2020
How did tryouts go?
I didn't make it . I'm going to keep working . I have another team to try out for . What can I work on alone ? I have a rebounder I use a lot. Do you know any drills for running , working on fielding or batting at home?

May 12, 2016
I didn't make it . I'm going to keep working . I have another team to try out for . What can I work on alone ? I have a rebounder I use a lot. Do you know any drills for running , working on fielding or batting at home?
Hi Hannah, love your work ethic and drive. Based on that alone if I had you at my tryout you would be on my team. Excellent attitude!!!

What do you feel you struggled with at try outs? Maybe based on that we can suggest drills that can help you out.

One suggestion I have for you, I would lay off the switch hitting for now. Focus on your strong side.

Best of luck and wish you much success!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478