16u and a lot of work. Humble brag!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 18, 2018
Jeremy

We are being picky, mind you. I do see it in her live swing. Just a little off, needs the hand to work better.

See her push through contact? It might just be this swing or an adjustment and means nothing.

She needs TTB early and whip more. And that starts with better loading n stretch.

She has come a long way.
Thanks for the feedback. Yes I see sometimes it looks as though the bat get stuck at contact.

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
At toe touch, she has no no leverage to begin her swing

dfp-2022-0705-0.00.00.00.png

1. The back foot is pointed back (green, bad), it should be pointed straight ahead at the plate (yellow, good)

2. Her rear forearm is vertical (green,bad) it should be flat (yellow, good)

3. The bat is flat (green, bad) so she has to muscle the bat head upward with her hands/arms. The bat should be pointed up abt 55-60 deg (yellow,good), so you can use leverage/gravity as it goes back/down.

Do dry strides and pull the back elbow back like a bow, and make the forearm flat and the bat head up. Stop all other drills.

Nov 18, 2018

View attachment 25974

1. The back foot is pointed back (green, bad), it should be pointed straight ahead at the plate (yellow, good)

3. The bat is flat (green, bad) so she has to muscle the bat head upward with her hands/arms. The bat should be pointed up abt 55-60 deg (yellow,good), so you can use leverage/gravity as it goes back/down.

Do dry strides and pull the back elbow back like a bow, and make the forearm flat and the bat head up. Stop all other drills.
Hey thanks for the response. I posted this video about three years ago trying and getting help for my DD. She is now 15 and this video was when she was 12.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa

View attachment 25974

Stay with us, this was her 3 years ago! lol

I already made that mistake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802