Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 7, 2019
First time posting here. My DD will be finally going back to softball after a 3 year hiatus doing cheer. She will be playing as a sophomore for her high school. She has never done travel ball mostly just rec ball. I think she has power just not sure how behind she will be compared to other girls her age.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2019
She never wanted to play All Stars and we where always to busy during the summer or I was always deployed for her to do travel ball. So I never had a good way to gauge her ability when she was younger. She always had a decent swing.

Sep 29, 2014
Sequence ,sequence, sequence we simply can't emphasize this enough.

Here is her at toe touch she is half way through her swing, gotta understand the mechanics of waiting until toe touch to release forward. Instead of wasting her time going forward at this point she should be working on a better load and coil but right now she can't do that because her sequence has her going forward when she should be if anything reaching back.

Biggest bat path issue I noticed was her first motion seems to be to drop her hands versus turn the barrel.

toetouchtx.PNG

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
I see a very strong young lady who is in need of guidance to be able to get the most out of her natural strength and quickness.

I've shared these videos countless times, but they seem to be a good place to start in helping hitters get into batter movement patterns.

My suggestion would be to get her sequence of movements sorted out, and develop the understanding of creating stretch/separation. Also, start understanding the ideas of a diagonal swing plane, and turning the barrel around a hand pivot point.

Here's some videos that might be helpful in getting going in a better direction...

Sequence and separation/stretch:

Diagonal swing plane:
Bat works in the plane of the shoulders. Angle of the plane tips more or less depending on pitch location.

Hand pivot point:

Also, thank you for your service to our country, TxFam6. It is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
I see a very strong young lady who is in need of guidance to be able to get the most out of her natural strength and quickness.

I've shared these videos countless times, but they seem to be a good place to start in helping hitters get into batter movement patterns.

My suggestion would be to get her sequence of movements sorted out, and develop the understanding of creating stretch/separation. Also, start understanding the ideas of a diagonal swing plane, and turning the barrel around a hand pivot point.

Here's some videos that might be helpful in getting going in a better direction...

Sequence and separation/stretch:

Diagonal swing plane:
Bat works in the plane of the shoulders. Angle of the plane tips more of less depending on pitching location.

Hand pivot point:

Also, thank you for your service to our country, TxFam6. It is greatly appreciated.
[/QUOTE]
The above post is a great place to start. If she can get coiled into her back hip smooth and early, separate, and rotate...it looks pretty good!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802