15yo Maddie

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
You win. Because of your astute observations about how a tee swing exaggerating a rear hip/leg feel doesn’t match pro game swings, I’ve told Maddie that she can’t continue playing softball, and has to switch to lacrosse or soccer. Mike is going to be bummed. He has really enjoyed working with her.

I’m going going to miss seeing moments like I posted in Post 7.

LOL...Whatever, guys. Im happy with the instruction she’s getting and the depth of knowledge of her instructor. I’m happy with her progress and the direction things are heading. I’m happy with how it matches up with what I see happening in high level swings.

Jul 18, 2018
2 different movement patterns. They both work !!.. Those that complain about pushing, ground balls, popups, etc have probably never felt the fyb leveraged position.. If one is late becoming leveraged the only option is to push.

29jkLE0.gif

NLtqnDD.gif

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Unhealthy. Shawn coming on a little strong. Maddies swing has a lot of good things happening. Tempo, explosiveness, raw power. But I do not like the rear hip socket as the corner because I dont believe it generates the most power. Yeah Barry Bonds hit like that but I dont think it is optimal. And when I watch TM swing it looks like he going to hurt himself. Lower back. JD Martinez swing is a good model.

Jul 18, 2018
Unhealthy. Shawn coming on a little strong. Maddies swing has a lot of good things happening. Tempo, explosiveness, raw power. But I do not like the rear hip socket as the corner because I dont believe it generates the most power. Yeah Barry Bonds hit like that but I dont think it is optimal. And when I watch TM swing it looks like he going to hurt himself. Lower back. JD Martinez swing is a good model.

Bonds, is a far cry from a match of anything Rich teaches.

XRu9Pmv.gif

hG4lelE.gif

May 24, 2013
So Cal

It took me a long time to get a better understanding of the rear hip and how it works as a pivot point.

TM/Richard is not Maddie’s instructor.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa

Attachments

• posture5d.gif
    posture5d.gif
    64.3 KB · Views: 12
  • posture5b.gif
    posture5b.gif
    27.3 KB · Views: 12
  • posture5c.gif
    posture5c.gif