14yo Mia

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
As an offshoot of my original thread here on DFP ( https://www.discussfastpitch.com/threads/critique-my-9yo-dd-swing.27709/ ), I asked everyone for input regarding my DD's swing when she was 9yo. Previously, I had put updates to her softball journey on that thread, but it ended up getting convoluted and confusing. Anyway, starting a new thread seemed like a better way to go.

In seeing @Eric F 's videos of Maddie smashing and some back and forths with him, the idea grew on me too. This past week seeing the viral video of Emma Humplik (18u) which is basically the same, I wanted to put something together too.

Video is of one bucket of balls from this past weekend. 19 hits 24 swings. There are no repeats and the 5 bad contacts were obviously not shown. I pitched 6 balls that were not swung at which were picked up and re pitched. Mia doesn't have the power for 220'+, we set up the plate at 205' from the Left Center Field fence. 2 dingers, rest were off the fence or long / short 1 hoppers. I joke with her that she is the Warning Track Power queen.

BP is seriously the most fun part of the game. To say that she has my front toss dialed is an understatement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802