14yo Maddie

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
This is not game footage, so the swing is a little different. She could stride with her back leg going forward another inch or two while she holds her coil.

It looks a little short here (notice at toe touch her back ear is basicly over the rear foot), which made her uncoil just a little early.

She seems to have fixed the front bicep issue here.

Beautiful launch angles. It's too bad there was no sound. :)

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
This is not game footage, so the swing is a little different. She could stride with her back leg going forward another inch or two while she holds her coil.

It looks a little short here (notice at toe touch her back ear is basicly over the rear foot), which made her uncoil just a little early.

She seems to have fixed the front bicep issue here.

Beautiful launch angles. It's too bad there was no sound. :)

Yes. Things are a little different when she is in the cage. I’m pretty sure she was just focusing on her launch quickness. She doesn’t listen to anything from me. In the cage, my job is to toss the ball and shut the hell up.

One of the things her hitting instructor has mentioned is getting her to hold her coil a little longer. Little steps forward...

Not sure why you aren’t getting sound. I hear it just fine. Snappy noises...and teenager music - LOL.

EDIT: As for the "bicep" issue. There was no instruction about it. The cage clip was just a few days after the latest game clip, which were both before you pointed out the issue. What I see is that it's completely related to her tendency to push her hands, which is something she's actively working on improving. Game swings always put the flaws on display, don't they? LOL.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
Just make sure she lengthens that stride with her back leg... while she holds her coil. Make sure she's not just hovering over her back leg longer. This is what young baseball pitchers make the mistake of doing - they coil inward over the rubber (mostly because instructors tell them to 'balance'), then open up (coil out) while they go forward.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
HR at PGF Qualifier this weekend...

There's a funny story along with this...Maddie and her teammate (before her in the lineup) hit back-to-back bombs. After the first one, the ball was thrown back on to the field, and returned to the pitcher. Maddie put the same ball over the fence again. :)

Jan 22, 2011
Missed the homerun because L was playing at same time as this game, but saw two very long foul balls that went far enough to be homeruns. Fun getting to see Maddie catch and hit live for several games the past two weekends.

PS- waiting to see the defensive highlight video from this weekend!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478