14yo Maddie

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Wow! She doesn't get cheated. Would you call her swing one legged? Does she swing around her spine or hip socket?

She likes to swing hard and make the ball fly, for sure. :D

She's working on being more one-legged, which involves using the rear hip socket as her pivot. She still has a bit too much "hard left turn" in her swing, at the moment, which makes low-out pitches a weakness for her.

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
I like it. I would not like calling pitches against her.

Simple swing so timing challenges are unlikely. Quick, great connection of rotational power to the barrel. Nice hands. Looks like a tough out with plenty of power. Very nice.

Jun 8, 2016
Not a lot of time left before Maddie turns 15, and I start a new thread. Here's a swing from last night's session with @Mike-Coach Q...

There's a few things in her movements that are a bit exaggerated compared with a game swing, but I continue to be impressed with her improving quickness and bat speed.

Is that tee designed with a specific purpose in mind, in particular the "flying off" of the ball holder (for lack of a better term) portion?

Swing looks good, sounds like Maddie and Marcela have similar birthdays. Marcela turns 10 in a few days.

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
Is that tee designed with a specific purpose in mind, in particular the "flying off" of the ball holder (for lack of a better term) portion?

Swing looks good, sounds like Maddie and Marcela have similar birthdays. Marcela turns 10 in a few days.

It's just the way the tee is designed. The ball holder doesn't always fly off, but it's designed to fairly easily. The theory is that it will last longer than if it was permanently attached. That's what I've been told, anyway. It's not my tee.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Last 14yo swing...

Her back leg isn't quite working right. She also has a lingering tendency to adjust her hands away from her body and hit around outside pitches, instead of keeping the pivot point tighter and attacking from the inside.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Last 14yo swing...

Her back leg isn't quite working right. She also has a lingering tendency to adjust her hands away from her body and hit around outside pitches, instead of keeping the pivot point tighter and attacking from the inside.

She is casting to much, some casting is good as Mankin has said. She is casting a little to much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802