14yo Maddie

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
A little surprised at only 3 dingers. Great numbers!

"The final decision is all hers."
She will need guidance and advice from dear ole dad.

She made a habit of hitting 210-220' fly balls on fields that didn't have fences. Usually for doubles.

I'm filtering the opportunities that meet the criteria she and I have discussed as being important for her next step. It's completely up to her on which opportunity she wants to move forward with.

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
A little surprised at only 3 dingers. Great numbers!

the homers will come...

my DD went from 0HR to 7HR from summer at 14yrs to summer at 15yrs.
This summer at 16yrs she had 8.

Sure, a lot of hard work over the Winter contributed,
but also it's physical development, experience, confidence, etc. that all contributed.

Also, if your kid has "played up" most all of her softball career,
once they get to 18U, after the first year at that level, the competition doesn't intimidate like it once did.

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
Not a lot of time left before Maddie turns 15, and I start a new thread. Here's a swing from last night's session with @Mike-Coach Q...

There's a few things in her movements that are a bit exaggerated compared with a game swing, but I continue to be impressed with her improving quickness and bat speed.

Sep 17, 2009
Not a lot of time left before Maddie turns 15, and I start a new thread. Here's a swing from last night's session with @Mike-Coach Q...

There's a few things in her movements that are a bit exaggerated compared with a game swing, but I continue to be impressed with her improving quickness and bat speed.

LOL all that's missing from this blast is the bat flip, chain pop and home run trot!

Good to practice those things off the tee if you want to get them right in the game ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812