14yo Maddie

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 17, 2009
Well, this didn't suck. Maddie's 3rd HR in a week of showcase and tournament games at TCS Colorado Sparkler...

I always used to give her hard time about the lack of pull back or scap load. I see it there now. Wonder if that leg kick makes her feel like she has more time to load. She is definitely slow and early and getting a lot out of her mechanics. That plus good size plus being an excellent catcher. That's a bright future for her :)

Jun 8, 2016
I always used to give her hard time about the lack of pull back or scap load. I see it there now. Wonder if that leg kick makes her feel like she has more time to load. She is definitely slow and early and getting a lot out of her mechanics. That plus good size plus being an excellent catcher. That's a bright future for her :)
She hit at the Sparkler with a leg kick and with a toe tap... Who said the game was hard? :)

May 24, 2013
So Cal

Talking with her after this, she said she consciously went with the leg kick because she felt like she was having trouble getting her timing right with her usual toe tap. Apparently, it worked. She's getting better and better about self-coaching, and making adjustments.

Thanks for the kind words. :)

Jun 8, 2016
Post 94 - toe tap HR.
Post 106 - leg kick HR.

Personally, I prefer the leg kick move for her.
You beat me... 😆

I like the leg kick for her too. Tempo looks a bit better. Do you notice a difference in her ability to hit off speed pitches with toe tap vs leg kick?

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
You beat me... 😆

I like the leg kick for her too. Tempo looks a bit better. Do you notice a difference in her ability to hit off speed pitches with toe tap vs leg kick?

Not really. Adjustability is still something that needs improving in her swing, no matter which method she uses. I think the leg kick is a better approach for it, though, as long as the idea is to get the foot down at the right time for the pitch, and the back leg controls the float time.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee