14U Swing Assesment?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2017
Hands can’t slot properly without front hip rotating backwards. This will cause a bat path around the ball and the hands/shoulders driving the swing

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
The hips are part of the core, therefor are used, not just a follow through afterthought. I agree allot of people put to much emphasis on the hips, I get that. But, that doesn't mean they are not used.

BTW, The Cabrera clips don't show the hips aren't used. He naturally doesn't use the hips as much on some of his swings. Not an ideal model, big man getting away with less then ideal mechanics.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
TM has some good information. As I have stated before, I am not an expert in everything he teaches. But I know enough about it to realize that his definition of 1-legged doesn't match your definition either. Honestly, that's what makes some of these discussions so difficult. The definition you are using is foreign to me.

For me balance is key. TMs rear hip pivot throws balance out the window. Can’t get past it. Don’t see it in any HL swings. Don’t get me started on TTB. :)

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
For me balance is key. TMs rear hip pivot throws balance out the window. Can’t get past it. Don’t see it in any HL swings. Don’t get me started on TTB. :)

I don't think I know enough about TM's theories to speak competently about them. In my opinion, you don't either...

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I don't think I know enough about TM's theories to speak competently about them. In my opinion, you don't either...

Like I said before, AJ is his work. AJ reaches, leverages his back hip.Never transfers weight to the middle until he swings. Never gets a full release of the backside weight wise. His shift truly is his swing.Not a match to HOFs. TMs words match his work.

You keep discarding video FP. What gives? You don’t see it?

If you don’t know... how do you know if I know??? LMAO. Make sense. Or cease and desist.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Like I said before, AJ is his work. AJ reaches, leverages his back hip.Never transfers weight to the middle until he swings. Never gets a full release of the backside weight wise. His shift truly is his swing.Not a match to HOFs. TMs words match his work.

You keep discarding video FP. What gives? You don’t see it?

If you don’t know... how do you know if I know??? LMAO. Make sense. Or cease and desist.

What little I do know about the process contradicts what you claim. You have not shown me anything to prove otherwise. But as always, I am open to learn. Let me ask you a question. When you work with a student, do you ever consider them "complete"? Or are there always things to work on? Personally, I think there is always something to work on. Along those lines, I have no idea if TM considers AJ to be complete, or if he is still a "work in progress". I have not talked to him, so I don't know the answer to that. Maybe the next time you speak with him you can ask him that question for me ;)

Bottom line is I have no horse in this race. I don't care if TM is right or wrong. And frankly I don't care if you are right or wrong. It's the blatant misrepresentations that are annoying to me. In fact, I will make a deal with you. If you can make a post without misrepresenting something, I will not comment. Seem fair?

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
@Work = Wins,

I was going to send you a PM, but decided to post this here in the open instead. When you break down a clip and focus on "your thoughts", I enjoy the posts. I think you have a lot of interesting ideas, and some of your thoughts are intriguing. It's when you start with your "campaign" that I get disappointed. I realize you are doing this for a reason, but the reason does not make any sense to me at all. Insert dead horse... I don't even mind comparing one theory to another, as long as the descriptions of each are accurate.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
What little I do know about the process contradicts what you claim. You have not shown me anything to prove otherwise. But as always, I am open to learn. Let me ask you a question. When you work with a student, do you ever consider them "complete"? Or are there always things to work on? Personally, I think there is always something to work on. Along those lines, I have no idea if TM considers AJ to be complete, or if he is still a "work in progress". I have not talked to him, so I don't know the answer to that. Maybe the next time you speak with him you can ask him that question for me ;)

Bottom line is I have no horse in this race. I don't care if TM is right or wrong. And frankly I don't care if you are right or wrong. It's the blatant misrepresentations that are annoying to me. In fact, I will make a deal with you. If you can make a post without misrepresenting something, I will not comment. Seem fair?

Look FP,

I don’t think I have misrepresented what TM says or does. Does he not swing from 1 leg in his demos. Does he not turn the barrel from behind as fast as he can? Does he not claim this to be what the greats do? Is it what they say they do? Or is it what they do? Video of AJ says NO. Really AJ isn’t done learning ? 3years? 😆 TM teaches clinics all the time. Teaches it in 3 hrs.

This is a debate/discussion board. I will debate without getting personal.Like I have said before, insulting the content is sometimes part of it. When Epstein or Yeager or Ebey was ‘envogue’ did TM discredit? All the time. Consider me his Karma. And I’m not selling anything! There were many inconsistencies that you refused to see. So I did show you. On both sites. Core goes with the hands. You ignored it.

Sorry to hear you don’t like what I have to say. You know you don’t have to read my posts. Ignore me. Or debate me. Don’t tell me what to post. Or how to post it. I’m well within forum rules.

‘Hey FP, lets talk’.

‘Ok W=W, as long as you say what I want to hear’.

‘ umm’... ‘nvm’

Carry on FP. Put me on ignore.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812