14U Swing Assesment?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Insert dead horse:

Quad-centric loading causes over usage of the anterior side which in turn creates depth and direction/posture issues in the sequence.

Posterior loading is key to controlling ones load and body throughout the sequence. As well as filtering energy properly. Kinetic chain.

Try it before you buy it. Load the quad and move out. Load the heel and move out.

Try to load to the back heel and keep it planted. Also, there is some vertical/stabilization happening that stabilizes the back hip/leg. I agree with what your saying.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Try to load to the back heel and keep it planted. Also, there is some vertical/stabilization happening that stabilizes the back hip/leg. I agree with what your saying.

Yes. There is definitely a feel of stability/balance. I use the cue ‘ leave the heel in the ground forever’. Of course it won’t stay there forever. But the hips will get there full turn organically which will pull the foot/heel up and into a full release of the energy stored. Sequenced kinetics.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Yes. There is definitely a feel of stability/balance. I use the cue ‘ leave the heel in the ground forever’. Of course it won’t stay there forever. But the hips will get there full turn organically which will pull the foot/heel up and into a full release of the energy stored. Sequenced kinetics.

Yes, I agree.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Yes. There is definitely a feel of stability/balance. I use the cue ‘ leave the heel in the ground forever’. Of course it won’t stay there forever
For someone who doesn't like TM you seem to agree with him a lot. Good for you wising up......
TM(teacherman):
Power....does not come from hip MOVEMENT. Suggesting the hips need to 'get through' is total bull. The hips are simply the solid immovable rock foundation....that resists movement....that the rubber band is stretched against.

Power comes from the release of the stretch that was developed by the SnF loading process. And that comes from two body parts working against each other in rag wring fashion to create the snap.

THE SNAP (POWER) COMES BEFORE THE HIPS EVER MOVE. The movement of the hips is simply the follow through....that happens AFTER the power release. The hip movement is not the cause....it is the effect.

Take some cuts with the idea of NEVER LETTING YOUR REAR HEEL LEAVE THE GROUND....and watch your suddenness and power increase. It will move despite your effort to not let it move....but that effort to not let it move is where the power comes from.
tumblr_pqjarcwzrc1usf292o1_400.gif

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
TM(teacherman):
Power....does not come from hip MOVEMENT. Suggesting the hips need to 'get through' is total bull. The hips are simply the solid immovable rock foundation....that resists movement....that the rubber band is stretched against.

Power comes from the release of the stretch that was developed by the SnF loading process. And that comes from two body parts working against each other in rag wring fashion to create the snap.

THE SNAP (POWER) COMES BEFORE THE HIPS EVER MOVE. The movement of the hips is simply the follow through....that happens AFTER the power release. The hip movement is not the cause....it is the effect.

Take some cuts with the idea of NEVER LETTING YOUR REAR HEEL LEAVE THE GROUND....and watch your suddenness and power increase. It will move despite your effort to not let it move....but that effort to not let it move is where the power comes from.

Do you agree with this assessment?

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Insert dead horse:

Quad-centric loading causes over usage of the anterior side which in turn creates depth and direction/posture issues in the sequence.

Posterior loading is key to controlling ones load and body throughout the sequence. As well as filtering energy properly. Kinetic chain.

Try it before you buy it. Load the quad and move out. Load the heel and move out.

Welcome to the PARTY PAL......
tumblr_pqjbvaAMHH1usf292o1_400.gif

7mYssvB.gif

Little late but, you finally made it......

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
His hips work at least 90 degrees from coil to finish. They may "FEEL" like a solid "immovable" object but that's not really what happens. He has the hip twitch that make big men unbelievable hitters. Very few can hit like this. Not too much can go wrong with this swing. It has zero slack or waste. If you have a bigger girl have her watch this guy or JD. Smaller girls watch Altuve or Betts.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ra1449