14U bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 20, 2020
Boston
Hi community. Jv high school coach and first year 14 u coach. I’m not an expert in bats. Any recommendations on buying a team bat. Up here it seems the ghost is all the rage. Please let me know thoughts and which models. Thank you

Sep 29, 2014
Do you have an unlimited budget...is the bat for JV? Just wondering most accomplished players are going to have their own bat, even JV players with just a year or two of rec probably have their own. Just thinking money might be better spent on other equipment, even if some new JV players don't have a bat I'm sure their are a couple travel girls on the team that would let them borrow their back bat.

Apr 28, 2019
Hi community. Jv high school coach and first year 14 u coach. I’m not an expert in bats. Any recommendations on buying a team bat. Up here it seems the ghost is all the rage. Please let me know thoughts and which models. Thank you

It really depends on the strength/skill of your players. I don’t think one bat would service all your players well. If I had to choose just one bat it would be LXT in multiple drops.

The reason is it’s a balanced bat that most hitters can handle. You could get a drop 8,9 for stronger players and a drop 10/11 for younger/less skilled players. Better durability than current Easton bats. Easton bats have great performance but they tend to be heavy and suspect with quality in my experience.

For lighter bats for average players I would go with Demarini CF series or Slugger LXT, & Rawlings Velo.

If the girls are a little more accomplished/stronger I would consider Easton Ghost 2020 bats, Slugger Xeno, Rawlings Quatro & Quatro Pro.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee