14u/16u weekday tourney season practice?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2014
Always want at least one practice during the week, then the second practice depends might substitute a session at the cages or just a regular practice. If you are a spring ball state you are stuck with probably a 3 hours practice on Saturday until the season is over

May 20, 2015
we do zero travel ball once high school season starts until it's done......for us, because of high school sport stuff that takes place over the summer, we're lucky to get one session on the field.....2-2.5 hours, usually in the AM (HS basketball runs tu/th nights in june/july, soccer/field hockey run mon/wed.......i usually schedule 2 cage sessions for wed and thur, one of them in the AM, and tell them to make at least one

sucks that we do so much HS sport offseason stuff in the summer, but i am happy i still have 2 & 3 sport athletes

Apr 26, 2015
During HS season (fall here) DD's team may have 1 or 2 practices on a Sunday over the 2 month period. Other than that it is just too much - the girls are already practicing every day (including Saturdays).

For DD's team currently (not HS season) they have 1 2.5-3 hr practice just her team, 1 2.5-3 hr practice where they practice/scrimmage with another team from the org to work on situations and one night of hitting (1.5 hours). It's a lot honestly. They've never practiced 3 nights a week before. DD runs track for the HS as well so it makes for some very long nights for her (but she wouldn't have it any other way).

Jun 11, 2012
When DD was in HS the travel ball team went dark until players were eliminated from playoffs. Once the head coach’s team was done for the season he’d start up practice for the ones who were done. DD frequently didn’t go to practice and sometimes missed the first tournament since her HS usually went deep into the playoffs

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802