14 yo DD Part II

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 25, 2009
You're right about the tee, it's way too far out front. It should be set at least just inside the front foot for a middle pitch. Maybe even a little deeper maybe. I think you'll see her swing too early on front toss.

Her swing looks good to me. I like the hip load, maybe could increase that slightly. Also, test more of a hip lead to see what that affects.

Besides adjusting point of contact I would get her to relax more at contact and hold her balance after she swings. One cue is to tell her not to blink at contact.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Without a home plate, it is difficult to say where the tee should be. If that is your basement or garage, go ahead and lay down the batter's box and home plate, using some tape that won't make a mess on your floor.

She looks OK to me, in relationship to the tee placement.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Here's the latest of Brooke hitting. Just noticed how far the tee is away so that's a bummer. The lower half looks alot better to me but somethings missing in the upper half. Give me your feedback please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72JaemkUjHU

Here's another video after we tried some news things

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWfjgj_N9zs

Crankermo ... nice improvement. Congratulations. Looking forward to hearing what the two of you worked on to see this improvement.

vhzyns.gif

Sep 29, 2010
Slow FFS' .gif down and you can see some pretty significant problems with her arms. Looks like her lead arm is collapsing down and or barring. She looks to be dealing with some classic bat drag. Seems to me her elbows are out of sync/collapsing on each other. Other than that, I like the intent to swing. I like the lower half quite abit. I am not sure I like that sway back and then forward, but I would work on the upper half for now.

Feb 14, 2010
FFS,

Thanks alot. We just tried the que of show the pitcher your front pocket and get in rythmn. Brooke has a tendency to rush and not let her body work the way it needs to. She had an AH HA moment last after thi video. We worked on the lead arm and had her internally rotate the front forearm to contact and her bat blew through the zone. You coud hear her bat whip through right off her back leg.

She had the most surprised look on her face and she said "Man that was fast and it felt natural. What did I do?" I wish I would've been taping that swing cause I think it's the best one she's ever taken. I still don't like the lead arm much. What suggestions do you have?

R

RayR

Crank - can you clarify this? Also, was she trying to do something with her top hand?

We worked on the lead arm and had her internally rotate the front forearm to contact

FFS,

Thanks alot. We just tried the que of show the pitcher your front pocket and get in rythmn. Brooke has a tendency to rush and not let her body work the way it needs to. She had an AH HA moment last after thi video. We worked on the lead arm and had her internally rotate the front forearm to contact and her bat blew through the zone. You coud hear her bat whip through right off her back leg.

She had the most surprised look on her face and she said "Man that was fast and it felt natural. What did I do?" I wish I would've been taping that swing cause I think it's the best one she's ever taken. I still don't like the lead arm much. What suggestions do you have?

Feb 14, 2010
I just had her focus on internally rotating the lead forearm and she said it made it easier for her to finish higher and whip the bat. She has a pretty active hand to control the barrel. What ideas do you have MTS? IMO there is something missing in her sequencing and I can't figure it out. Honestly she a very good athlete that can make changes very quickly. She's always had great batspeed but it's becoming quicker and earlier with every little tweek we make. The lead arm is very puzzling to me, I'm really not sure what it's job should be.

When I swing I can't feel any pulling with it, it just seems to work with my rear arm and top hand. What's your opinion of the lead arm?

R

RayR

Crank - what I am asking is - what is internal rotation of the forearm. Can you better describe the action? Which direction, etc.

One thing quite obvious is the tee needs to moved back deeper....but I want to first understand your terminology.

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28