14 year of two videos hitting ... opinions?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 9, 2008
Hartford, CT
To MTS:
I sent you a message ... working on a solution/plan/path as we speak ...

Supposed to have a Tourn at FPN (Fastpitch Nation)(no schedule yet)

this weekend ... team batting tonight ...

if there was one thing we could do for this weekend what would it be type of wish today ..

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
The good part is she seems to be getting to the ball regularly and finding holes.

Here is a thought. None of us are open to change until we realize we need to change. Does she realize that her approach to swinging needs to be different? If you haven't done this here is what I might suggest. Show her a video of her swing and then compare it to some of the "Model Swings" posted by FiveFrameSwing in the "Model Swings" post listed under Hitting Technical. Ask her to compare things like hands and shoulder movement , hips, through all phases of the swing and the finish . Ask her to compare her swing with theirs. Then decide together what to work on based on what you notice together.

May 9, 2008
Hartford, CT
She wants to be a stronger hitter. Last weekend she was at bat 5 times. Fall ball High School team she is the only Freshman.
Three singles, one BB, one K dropped 3rd strike got to base.
Singles not super strong hits but placement fine as balls got to OF with no error.
We have started to look at videos of her this week and Cshilt suggested that we check out the 11 year old swing analysis in Technical section.

Most days she is very receptive ... but being 14 there are days when ... well... ARGH!

Things are a little unsettled on her Travel team right now as coaches DD (13) very sick (RSD CRPS diagnosis) ... been a tough couple of weeks with a long road to go yet. My DD has been "difficult" the last week or two ... hard for any of us to understand why ...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28