13YO DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 16, 2017
I am very active on the softball hitting technical forum. It has been huge in my understanding of the swing and helping me as a coach and parent. I wanted to post this and see what good advice the guru's on the pitching side have to say. This is my 13YO DD Emma.

Thanks

Oct 26, 2019
I don’t claim to know much about pitching, but my DD tends to finish shoulders square to the catcher like yours does. When she does that her hand finishes high above the shoulder like your DD does as well. Her PC has worked hard on getting her to finish with her shoulders at a 45 so that the arm finishes more across the body. When she does that she throws with a lot more accuracy. When her shoulders rotate back square with the catcher on the finish she often leaves the ball high and inside.

Nov 16, 2017
I don’t claim to know much about pitching, but my DD tends to finish shoulders square to the catcher like yours does. When she does that her hand finishes high above the shoulder like your DD does as well. Her PC has worked hard on getting her to finish with her shoulders at a 45 so that the arm finishes more across the body. When she does that she throws with a lot more accuracy. When her shoulders rotate back square with the catcher on the finish she often leaves the ball high and inside.

We have just be able to or at least she has the ability to not forward lean. So getting to the 45 will be the next step. We will work on that next for sure!

Here is where she was before we fixed it.
1593796902765.png

The forward lean was terrible. But, using the stones as a drag box and it being imperative that she keep her upper body locked it (Java) we were able to eliminate this. Getting that anchor foot to the toe using the drag box was HUGE.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
Overall she looks very good, a big improvement from the photo. She's close to 45 at release, and yes, she has a long follow through; I would be more comfortable if she didn't walk through the finish so much and stayed behind her landing foot. At this point my advice would be to 'turn it loose' and throw the ball faster, she's very 'measured'. Faster and faster, but don't let her mechanics breakdown. Maybe some long toss on an open field.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45