13u Feedback

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Not really. His nose is never behind his belly button. His ‘shoulders’ get loaded at the right time. His mass moves first. He uses a lot more momentum then most.
I said borderline for a reason...both he and Yelich get over their back foot more than most but you are correct they are still balanced enough to be able to move out properly.

The shoulders should coil AFTER the hips. But not by actively coiling. That’s long. The resistance/momentum coils the front shoulder.
You don’t coil the shoulders at the same time as the hips. At least not in an mlb swing. The move out loads the shoulders.
Torres shoulder angle is pretty set as he starts to move out but he does continue to pullback as he moves out which is important.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Coiling while moving forward to me allows the hitter to preserve that built up energy to be used when needed, to hit any pitch, any speed very suddenly.. it prevents the hitter from bleeding forward and releasing early. And of course allows the hitter to stay back which COM moves forward

Where is the energy being built up from ? Are you coming at this from "snf" concept ?

OIWc38O.gif

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
Where is the energy being built up from ? Are you coming at this from "snf" concept ?

I don't understand the purpose of these 'one legged' demos. The hip is uncoiled by the rotating front/left knee, even here (see the front heel).

Plus, most people don't need help uncoiling. Most people don't coil inward.

Jun 8, 2016
I don't understand the purpose of these 'one legged' demos. The hip is uncoiled by the rotating front knee, even here.

View attachment 14397

Plus, most people don't need help uncoiling. Most people don't coil inward.
Go ask Mud on BBF. He will be able to describe it well (he used to be here but got sick of dealing with the adware stuff). I think he posted a version of this on one of the threads there the other day.

I think in short I think it is a drill for getting a feel for creating a corner by coiling the rear hip and then stretching "behind that corner" via a pullback. You can really feel the coil in your butt and upper back in this setup if you do it correctly so then that feel is something you can perhaps then strive for when you coil in your normal setup. In HI/TM view of things the rear knee fires first..

Last edited:
May 12, 2016

OIWc38O.gif
Loading into back hip, resisting backside, coiling keeping that tension there as the COM progresses forward during the positive move which creates stretch and ability to release when needed. Why so many questions TDS, :)?

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Loading into back hip, resisting backside, coiling keeping that tension there as the COM progresses forward during the positive move which creates stretch and ability to release when needed. Why so many questions TDS, :)?

I was hoping you would see /realize the core is the driver while the legs are supporters :). The rear leg/hip relationship is important but it's not where one should spend there time IMO..

Back in my playing days I spent countless hours there trying to make sure I could stay back. In many cases it was a struggle to ever get fyb without a pause. What ever movement allows your kid to get fyb while being dynamic should be the goal not trying to force all other movements around the coiling action.

zRkKO7K.gif

Qw5JAXL.gif

I had similar pausing results when focusing on the rear leg/hip relationship..

xfThfQa.gif

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802