13u Feedback

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
There's alot to like. I think the head could remain closer to over the front hip. The posture is a little off, doesn't have that attack posture at launch. The front shoulder could start down and in.

Sep 29, 2014
Yeah there is a lot to like but I'd really like to see against live pitching to validate the little sway back as she loads I'm wondering if she is doing that artificially to generate power because its off a tee (she also shes off balance after the swing but again I'm thinking that a function of trying to hit it too hard off the tee). But even though it looks like a slide move backwards her coil/load and posture at toe touch and heel plant look OK. I'm not the best bat path person but nothing seems terribly out of place, my guess is others will have better comments but I would say keep doing what you are doing. Does she have a hitting coach that can pick out little things? How is her performance?

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
You are coiling inward (or at least holding it) as you go forward (very good)

I'm not sure if this tee position is causing the shortened stride. (notice in pic below, her head has not advanced very far forward of the rear foot). She should be striding forward a little more with the back leg. Maybe 2-3 inches.

Normally, you want to place the tee where you expect to hit the ball, which is the ball of the front foot after the stride. So the tee should normally be another 2-3 inches forward. This would simulate your normal game swing.

So, adjust the stride length, and put the tee in the typical position and see how she looks.

Check to see if she holds the inward coil to toe touch. Also makes sure she continues to have a flat rear forearm as she does now, at toe touch.

What I'm trying to say here is that this tee position may be making her swing/coil look good, so it would be good to see if still looks good or if it breaks down with a typical tee position.

And finally, the bat gets flatter as she strides. It starts out upward, then drops to 65 degrees at toe touch. MLB hitters (not all) are typically 30-50 degrees, at toe touch. Your bat head has longer to go towards the catcher. So this minor fix should help get the bat head past the hands (later in the swing - just before contact) just a little sooner. [it's a little tricky to keep the rear forearm flat while you do this]

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2019
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Overall I like the swing. I like the load, and follow through. Stride could be a little longer. She looks a little mechanical early on with her arms. Relax her arms and find a comfortable starting point. I like the bat on the shoulder until pitcher’s first movement and then in ready position looking to do damage.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
tumblr_ptb1nmzTSc1usf292o1_250.gif

tumblr_ptb1qdTsN01usf292o1_250.gif

My 2 cents:
All back/sway, all forward.
Barrel path is a 'chop' down to the ball. Not TTB down to and up through the ball.
Looks like a ball/tee set up that the ball should have gone opposite field. Not tired to be pulled.
JMHO of a tee hit.

May 12, 2016
tumblr_ptb1nmzTSc1usf292o1_250.gif

My 2 cents:
All back/sway, all forward.
Barrel path is a 'chop' down to the ball. Not TTB down to and up through the ball.
Looks like a ball/tee set up that the ball should have gone opposite field. Not tired to be pulled.
JMHO of a tee hit.
RDB, trying to understand here. Why do you say, "All back, all forward" in this case? I see her hands being resisted and staying back (relative to her body) as her COM moves forward. It's good for me to understand this because this is what I am working on with my DD right now.

Cheers

Sep 29, 2014
@rdbass back and forward was my first reaction but look closely as foot comes forward she holds the back plus you can tell its not a sway because of the position of the rear hip its tucked away from you you can't see it (there is coil there) clearly at toe touch...but I did have to look twice because it was my gut reaction too.

I'd really like to see a pitched ball to see some of the things @efastball was discussing I think her tee swing looks different than her swing at live pitching and I'd like to see the differences might be good but could be bad can't tell

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.

I'd even going as far to say that this is all front side action. Also an all arm swing. It's a not a separation as much as it's a wind up of the arms/hands to chop down on the swing. It's JMHO and how I see it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28