13u Feedback

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I had similar pausing results when focusing on the rear leg/hip relationship..
xfThfQa.gif

Pulling rear leg:
OIWc38O.gif

Rear leg is the 'driver'.

Sep 29, 2014
I was hoping you would see /realize the core is the driver while the legs are supporters :). The rear leg/hip relationship is important but it's not where one should spend there time IMO..

Back in my playing days I spent countless hours there trying to make sure I could stay back. In many cases it was a struggle to ever get fyb without a pause. What ever movement allows your kid to get fyb while being dynamic should be the goal not trying to force all other movements around the coiling action.

zRkKO7K.gif

Qw5JAXL.gif

xfThfQa.gif
I'm not sure exactly what you mean without a pause? By default if your hands, back shoulder and elbow are all moving one direction...back then at some point they begin to go forward there is a micro/milli second where there is a pause, you coil...before you uncoil there is a pause. You can have hitters that hold these positions longer than others and others where the pause is imperceptible. and to tds that point of pause and transfer from going back and coiling to initiating the swing and uncoiling is almost always in the case of elite hitters occurring somewhere in the toe touch to heel down motion with many cases seeing heel down as the GO point but again this all happens in literally a couple frames on video....,,my two cents

May 12, 2016
I was hoping you would see /realize the core is the driver while the legs are supporters :). The rear leg/hip relationship is important but it's not where one should spend there time IMO..

Back in my playing days I spent countless hours there trying to make sure I could stay back. In many cases it was a struggle to ever get fyb without a pause. What ever movement allows your kid to get fyb while being dynamic should be the goal not trying to force all other movements around the coiling action.

zRkKO7K.gif

Qw5JAXL.gif

xfThfQa.gif
Thanks TDS.. but maintaining the coil would be controlled by the core wouldn't it? And I hardly ever refer to loading the back leg, most of the time I say loading the back hip... I think there is a significant difference between hip and leg

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Thanks TDS.. but maintaining the coil would be controlled by the core wouldn't it? And I hardly ever refer to loading the back leg, most of the time I say loading the back hip... I think there is a significant difference between hip and leg

Sorry, I know some folks think of coil as a rear leg/hip thing.

May 12, 2016
Sorry, I know some folks think of coil as a rear leg/hip thing.
It's all good.. if I'm reading what you are saying correctly, you don't believe too much focus should be put on coiling as you move forward. IDK, I could be wrong.. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478