13 year old daughter vid

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 12, 2008
Tuscola, IL
great forum here, have read for a little over a year now and I have to say, some great pitching minds here. Bill, thanks for the glove for my daughter for Xmas, it came in on time, and also for your videos they are great. OK here is a short vid of my 13 year old Daughter, any comments are more than welcome. Also Rick I am very interested in the video you have coming out. YouTube - Fastpitch practice Erin13-1

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
5d152d439b384644ab68193a2cdc76a9.jpg

Take a look at her shoulders. Her shoulder stays in a plane parallel to the floor as she pitches.

Take a look at the Cat Osterman Under Armour commercial on YouTube and look at her left shoulder. You'll see the shoulder go up and then down. Without getting too technical, the "lever" for the pitch is not simply the arm. The lever includes a portion of a shoulder. Or, to put it another way, if your DD's arm is 30 inches long, the length of the lever should be 33 inches or so.

Also, notice that Osterman's head leans over her pitching shoulder, while DD is leaning over the glove shoulder.

She needs to do a lot of slingshot pitching and working on getting the right shoulder to go up and then down.

I'm sure Hillhouse's video shows this.

Jul 12, 2008
Tuscola, IL
sluggers, thanks for your response. I am a novice and am learning as I go. I watched the cat video on youtube and now we can work on the head over the back shoulder. The more we watch Cat, Finch and Ueno the more we can see what we need to work on. Thanks.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Also, look at this one: Jenny Finch video

Your DD needs to really focus on staying open with her upper and lower body and deliver the ball. Another drill that might help is the "turn and throw." She does her normal pitch, EXCEPT that she leaves her right foot flat on the ground after she throws. She doesn't bring her right leg around. She probably will not be able to do it at first because she right now is "yanking" her body with her shoulders.

Look at Finch's right foot during her pitch. She is touching the ground with her right ankle when she throws.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802