12yo DD Swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2017
Hey folks, long time lurker here. I’ve always gotten great information from this forum and I was hoping you all could take a look at her swing and give me your thoughts. Sorry I don’t have the video in GIF format

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Back foot is skipping way to far. When this happens it is a weight shift problem. In her, case she is using to much momentum.

The front leg is used as a posting up action in her swing. She gets to far forward over her front leg. The front hip doesn't move backwards as the front leg extends. Instead she posts up onto the front leg.

Jun 17, 2017
Back foot is skipping way to far. When this happens it is a weight shift problem. In her, case she is using to much momentum.

The front leg is used as a posting up action in her swing. She gets to far forward over her front leg. The front hip doesn't move backwards as the front leg extends. Instead she posts up onto the front leg.

i agree with both points Shawn. She gains too much ground with the back foot and i think if that were corrected she might not be so far forward.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
She is very close. Control the momentum and have her sit a little more and stay seated a little longer. She is thrusting her hips which some would say is good but she comes out of her posture early. My guess is that her spine is very upright. She should feel she is using her glutes more.

Right at the 2 second mark she is in a undesirable potion. Elbows to close together(bat drag) and out of her posture early.

Sep 29, 2014
I'm slowly becoming a tee swings tell me very little guy.... so dependent on tee, setup, etc. Definitely like to see live action, I would just hate to suggest a bunch of stuff only to find out that is not her "real" swing which I don't think it is...

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I'm slowly becoming a tee swings tell me very little guy.... so dependent on tee, setup, etc. Definitely like to see live action, I would just hate to suggest a bunch of stuff only to find out that is not her "real" swing which I don't think it is...

It depends on the hitter and instructor to make Tee's useful information.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802