12YO DD Help (Updated 13yo now)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
I actually think there is a purpose in what he is doing. watch here at 6:37, where he is emphasizing staying up the middle and not rolling over or hooking. To me watching him do this based on what he has said, it is like he is in the on deck circle saying in his head "stay up the middle" while exaggerating a complete up the middle golf type swing to help him accomplish this.
aka Barry Binds drill? ;)

Nov 16, 2017
aka Barry Binds drill? ;)

different and almost the exact opposite in some ways. The Barry drill is about eliminating loop and being direct to the ball. The Mike Trout warm up swing is more about staying up the middle and not rolling over or pulling up and out. I use them both it just depends on what I see in the players swing that they need to work on.

Use the Barry drill to correct a looping happy face type swing, use the Trout to fix bat angle issues.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
View attachment 18485View attachment 18485

In the Video W=W posted you can see how his belt loops are rotating towards the pitcher as the upper body is still going rearward. Doing that should help distribute her weight ratio as W suggested. She's probably going to need some pullback from her back and scap muscles. The Trout swings are awesome too but it won't address the timing issues going on. Some real nice things going on with her swing both doing an excellent job IMO.

yes Coach Mike ! It will help the load be balanced.. as well as loading the hips in sequence(first) and the right way, in the sagittal plane. For me the coil is the result, but a good checkpoint. Trout says he wants to feel like he’s riding a horse during his forward move.

1594230924359.gif

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
yes Coach Mike ! It will help the load be balanced.. as well as loading the hips in sequence(first) and the right way, in the sagittal plane. For me the coil is the result, but a good checkpoint. Trout says he wants to feel like he’s riding a horse during his forward move.

View attachment 18486

I like the clip, he is relaxed and smooth. It looks like he has a “Less is more attitude.”

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
If you watch Mike Trout in the on deck circle, you might think he is lazy or tired. Ah, the greats making it look easy. He has put in the work physically and now is the mental prep. Calm relaxed focus. Visualizing. Learn from the best.

Jun 8, 2016
In order to survive a MLB season you have to master being as efficient as possible with your preparation...

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
If you watch Mike Trout in the on deck circle, you might think he is lazy or tired. Ah, the greats making it look easy. He has put in the work physically and now is the mental prep. Calm relaxed focus. Visualizing. Learn from the best.

I think he is relaxed, although at the same time he looks like a cat alert of it’s prey. Like he is going to hit the ball hard without over swinging.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
Sorry cornbread - my last post not mentioning Addison. How to swing a 42oz 'old hickory'? Move back shoulder away from front hip?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom