12YO DD Help (Updated 13yo now)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2017
Way to stroke the ball Addison but you're too nice to the ball. Notice in post #19 how Springer's dominate eye goes down to the space where the ball is going to be crushed.
I agree Sky! She should be looking to do more damage. She turned 12 in January and I decided to move her up to 14U. She’s handled it ok. Certainly different level of play than 12U. I still wonder if I should move her back down. Only played 12U for last fall. We jumped from 10U to 14U lol

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
I agree Sky! She should be looking to do more damage. She turned 12 in January and I decided to move her up to 14U. She’s handled it ok. Certainly different level of play than 12U. I still wonder if I should move her back down. Only played 12U for last fall. We jumped from 10U to 14U lol
Tough question. If the challenge to play against the older kids is exciting for her, rock on? Sometimes getting to be a star at your own age level is extremely exciting. Which is more fun to her?

Aug 20, 2017
That is some serious advance scouting going on there.
They played our entire team on both lines lol! We won this game hitting balls in the gaps. They played 10ft from the fence on the lines. Pretty dumb IMO! Had a girl at 2B that did a good job reading the ball and where the Outfielder was and made it back to 2B safely

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
I can almost guarantee the kids just played there and the coaches just were not paying attention..at least if they are anything like DD's coaches....
🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺 Five out of five of their players were not ready defensively. If you're gonna coach, learn something so you can help the kids improve. Apologize for the negativity but that's so irritating.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I was being sarcastic about the advance scouting. Not being ready defensively is a pet peeve of mine. It take never little skill and is easy to teach and it is the simplest way to improve your defense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802