12U - this weekend - please critique - thanks

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 8, 2018
I'm amazed that you guys were able to "diagnose" anything from the angle the video was taken from. I saw a couple things from where the camera was but not a lot. I'd be curious to see a behind the backstop view.

Amazing what you can see when you slow down the video and magnify the pic. Lol. I feel what your saying though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I'm amazed that you guys were able to "diagnose" anything from the angle the video was taken from. I saw a couple things from where the camera was but not a lot. I'd be curious to see a behind the backstop view.

Bill makes a good point. But, I'll go one step further...there is only so far she can go without a pitching coach.

@4green, you've done a great job with her. She has decent mechanics. She has some talent for pitching. She works at it. So, all the ingredients for being a pitcher are there.

At this point in her development, she needs to start working on breaking pitches and refining her pitching motion. She needs to start seeing a PC.

I've said this many times before, but if I were starting with my DD today, I would find a way to have Bill help her.

Aug 21, 2008
Bill makes a good point. But, I'll go one step further...there is only so far she can go without a pitching coach.

@4green, you've done a great job with her. She has decent mechanics. She has some talent for pitching. She works at it. So, all the ingredients for being a pitcher are there.

At this point in her development, she needs to start working on breaking pitches and refining her pitching motion. She needs to start seeing a PC.

I've said this many times before, but if I were starting with my DD today, I would find a way to have Bill help her.

Ray, what a fantastic compliment. Thank you. Those other pitching coaches out there are crazy, you picked the right guy. Pauly? He punches puppies in the face. Java? He thinks Milli Vanilli was a real band. Balswick? doesn't lift the toilet seat when he goes, then leaves it up on purpose afterwards!! Tincher? I don't know him at all but, I've heard he sneaks into backyards and steals swings off young kid's swingsets, Boardmember? he flattens tires on police cars and ambulances daily. Rita Lynn Gilman? tried making her frog talk before dissecting it in high school biology class Cheri Kempf? tells blind people it's safe to cross the street when it's not. Doug Gillis? siphons gas from the emergency vehicles at nursing homes. And last but not least: Jennie Finch? She's still mad at me for breaking up with her 20 years ago.

You definitely picked the right guy. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802