12U - this weekend - please critique - thanks

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
A little difficult to say with that video. Get a good side view from her right side as well. Just a suggestion -
Make sure that you are working on location, location, location, and emphasizing location has to be perfect. Inside and outside mean black or a ball off...not any plate.

You can tweak the motion all-day but strikes down the middle will not cut it. Start teaching early along with good mechanics that movement and a nice change are essential.

Jul 14, 2008
Last edited:
May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
Her arm action is blocked so it's hard to comment on that. Her glove swim is obvious and when it's that bad it often means that the pitcher is getting on top of the ball early and pushing it into release rather than using IR and whipping the ball.

Nov 8, 2018
Biggest things I’m seeing are :
1. Her arm is ahead of her legs so at 3 o’clock she is still quit attached to the mound.
2. On toe touch her arm is close to 9 and on heal strike she’s at 9. Still ahead of proper timing.
3. She is very straight up and down on drive. No lean with and weak drive.

Positives :
1. Tremendous trigger lag
2. Very nice whip.

Impressions :
Get her to drive strong into the front leg and improve that timing and she will increase speed by A LOT!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Aug 21, 2008
I'm amazed that you guys were able to "diagnose" anything from the angle the video was taken from. I saw a couple things from where the camera was but not a lot. I'd be curious to see a behind the backstop view.

Jul 14, 2008
I appreciate the analysis from everyone. Her dad's vids are all I have to go on.
I can see a timing issue, an early wide glove swing out issue, laces not turning over issue. Also the arm is very long early. Which one should I work on first with the hopes it improves the others?

Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802