12 yr old DD off tee.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2019
So when you hit off of a pitcher, before you swing, you are staring at the point of contact the whole time? Interesting...

Absolutely you should be looking the ball all the way in wherever it is coming from. Hitting off a tee and staring into empty space has what benefit?

Jun 8, 2016
Absolutely you should be looking the ball all the way in wherever it is coming from. Hitting off a tee and staring into empty space has what benefit?
Your posture is going to be different when you have your eyes on the point of contact throughout the whole swing sequence vs attempting to track an imaginary ball.

Look man, there is no point in arguing with you. I gave my suggestion, now I have given my reasoning. If the OP wants to take it that is up to him.

Apr 28, 2019
Your posture is going to be different when you have your eyes on the point of contact throughout the whole swing sequence vs attempting to track an imaginary ball.

Look man, there is no point in arguing with you. I gave my suggestion, now I have given my reasoning. If the OP wants to take it that is up to him.
Ok Man. No benefit gotcha.

May 24, 2013
So Cal

A frequent issue with young players hitting off a tee is over-rotation on the load/coil because they are still able to see the ball. However, they get their body into a position that prevents them from seeing a real pitch, which isn't ideal practice. When working off a tee, I encourage a player to imagine the ball being delivered by a pitcher, and get their body turning the way it would in real game conditions.

The young player posted in this thread doesn't seem to have the issue, based on this video, but it's a common enough issue that I've found it to be good practice to have them simulate tracking a pitch to contact.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28