11 billion D1 Softball swings televised in last 2 months

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
And I poke around here and mostly see mlb crap.

“Same swings, blah blah blah.”

I’m starting to wonder if that’s completely true. I see comments out Oklahoma’s hitter not being hlp? Come on.

I used to enjoy seeing some of the mlb swings but I’m tired of seeing giant men when there are so many good examples of women out there.

Back to watching the French Open. That’s how surly I feel about my beloved softball site right now.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019

I’m starting to wonder if that’s completely true. I see comments out Oklahoma’s hitter not being hlp? Come on.

I used to enjoy seeing some of the mlb swings but I’m tired of seeing giant men when there are so many good examples of women out there.

Back to watching the French Open. That’s how surly I feel about my beloved softball site right now.
WOOHOO TOOT TOOT
🏁🏆

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa

I watched many games on ESPN plus and seen very few good replays. It’s not that I choose to post ML swings, it’s because they show very good replays.

Jun 8, 2016
If you are showing your DD then sure it makes sense to show them somebody that is more relatable. On here it is a bunch of middle aged men looking at swings so what is the difference unless you think there is a difference in the mechanics.

Dec 11, 2010
I watched many games on ESPN plus and seen very few good replays. It’s not that I choose to post ML swings, it’s because they show very good replays.
To be fair- I agree somewhat. I felt like the camera angles got much better at WCWS as opposed to regular season. I didn't see much of supers.

I'd just like to see more women's swings. I'm tech un-savvy and I burn hours and hours trying to nail down videos I'm interested in.

Edited to add:
@Shawn and all others who contribute by way of video of any kind, I appreciate you. Thanks for the time you have spent helping out the members here.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
If you are showing your DD then sure it makes sense to show them somebody that is more relatable. On here it is a bunch of middle aged men looking at swings so what is the difference unless you think there is a difference in the mechanics.
Really random thoughts here...

I'm really starting to think the mechanical differences (if there are any) are more about comparing professionals to amateurs... Here is one thing though- my dd and her friend that I used to coach are going to a baseball guy. It has been really good for my dd, they speak the same language and he has definitely helped her in ways I can not. But her friend... still in hs and her hitting performance has tanked. Why? Is a bb approach not working for her? And if it isn't, why not? Is it something unrelated?

IDK- there has to be some minor differences in approach, in physical strength, etc etc. I'm not sure that argument can be won and I can't win it for sure.

I agree about showing our daughters relatable swings. AND... I would love to see some analysis of the players I'm familiar with and have seen play.

Jun 8, 2016
Really random thoughts here...

I'm really starting to think the mechanical differences (if there are any) are more about comparing professionals to amateurs... Here is one thing though- my dd and her friend that I used to coach are going to a baseball guy. It has been really good for my dd, they speak the same language and he has definitely helped her in ways I can not. But her friend... still in hs and her hitting performance has tanked. Why? Is a bb approach not working for her? And if it isn't, why not? Is it something unrelated?

IDK- there has to be some minor differences in approach, in physical strength, etc etc. I'm not sure that argument can be won and I can't win it for sure.

I agree about showing our daughters relatable swings. AND... I would love to see some analysis of the players I'm familiar with and have seen play.
Most days I wish I was my father and there was no high speed video or internet.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
To be fair- I agree somewhat. I felt like the camera angles got much better at WCWS as opposed to regular season. I didn't see much of supers.

I'd just like to see more women's swings. I'm tech un-savvy and I burn hours and hours trying to nail down videos I'm interested in.

Edited to add:
@Shawn and all others who contribute by way of video of any kind, I appreciate you. Thanks for the time you have spent helping out the members here.

I don’t have cable of any kind. I do streaming with no commercials. I do have ESPN +. The bummer thing is I didn’t get to watch any regionals, supers, or WCWS.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rathouse