10u Swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
"Its the Sagittal load. It’s the spiral line in the posterior chain that runs from the back of the front shoulder down to the heel in the back foot. It sets up the rest of the swing. "

^^^^^ That's the smartest thing you have ever said! LOL ^^^^^^

Honestly that is a very good visual thought. And it will put the hitter in the correct posture with head over the belly button and front shoulder tilted slightly down.

Oct 2, 2017

Assuming this is who she is emulating..

Notice the differences. The reactive counter rotation of his load ‘moves’ him forward. This is missing in the young ladys’ swing. It’s the posterior load. Or head to toe stretch. It’s moving from the middle. Its the Sagittal load. It’s the spiral line in the posterior chain that runs from the back of the front shoulder down to the heel in the back foot. It sets up the rest of the swing.

It’s the one stretch that should be maxed out so to speak. It certainly should be pulled tight.

Without it, timing can sometimes be hard to find. Balance is tough to maintain and staying on the ball can be a challenge as well.

This stretch should be held until the ball is gone.

Would this solve the rotation of the back foot that I posted about.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
"Its the Sagittal load. It’s the spiral line in the posterior chain that runs from the back of the front shoulder down to the heel in the back foot. It sets up the rest of the swing. "

^^^^^ That's the smartest thing you have ever said! LOL ^^^^^^

Honestly that is a very good visual thought. And it will put the hitter in the correct posture with head over the belly button and front shoulder tilted slightly down.

Only took almost 2000 posts. Guess you gotta wait another 2000 for another smart post ! 😆

Maybe in 2025.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Would this solve the rotation of the back foot that I posted about.

Yes I would say... Back foot action is really about how well the ‘system’ is transferring ‘force’ and the timing of that force also plays a smaller role as well.

You were seeing a ‘spinny’ back foot because of the force ‘stalling’ or getting stuck back or more back than should be if that makes sense.

Jun 8, 2016
Only took almost 2000 posts. Guess you gotta wait another 2000 for another smart post ! 😆

Maybe in 2025.
Technically he said it was the smartest post you have ever made. To me that is the equivalent of DW telling me "that is the best you have ever looked" 😆 ...j/k :)

Oct 2, 2017
Yes I would say... Back foot action is really about how well the ‘system’ is transferring ‘force’ and the timing of that force also plays a smaller role as well.

You were seeing a ‘spinny’ back foot because of the force ‘stalling’ or getting stuck back or more back than should be if that makes sense.

I try to simplify it for my DD buy saying its moving in a straight line towards the pitcher to go through the ball. We don't want to spin and swing around the ball, but to and through the ball.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I have a Josh Donaldson swing with a high frame rate, I should be able to match the swings up well. That way you will get a better picture of is and isn't happening. Then everyone can comment on the swings. Just have to run some errands and then I'll sync the swing up and post it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812