10u Swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2017
Nice! A lot to like there. Others will probably chime in with other things. What sticks out to me, is to hold the coil longer into foot plant. In the bottom video she coils initially on the hover portion, but then uncoils on the forward move. Trying having her hold or continue to try and coil as she makes her forward move. She's looking good though!

Nov 16, 2017
Looking good,

her stride and stretch look a bit rushed.

Her elbow angles are off. Elbows start too far apart. Looks like she is falsely raising the back elbow. Fine to start with back elbow up but with back elbow up, the knob of the bat should be pointing to catchers left foot. That is the dead giveaway to a falsely raised back elbow.

Landing open on stride, she should at least get back to even, if not a little closed.

Aug 3, 2019
Can you expand on the external rotation right humerus?

It’s always felt to me like right arm gets extended a little too soon. I’m not sure if that is related to her having a slight over grip with her hands—-trying to keep hands aligned.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
She has a severe case of duck foot. Turn the back foot at least perpendicular to the plate. That one tip may fix more stuff too. I like the paint stick drill where the rear foot skips over a paint stick.

Oct 2, 2017
Watch the hitters rear foot here. I not saying whether I advocate the commentary or not. I'm just sharing video of how the back foot works with mlb hitters.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2015
South East
Can you expand on the external rotation right humerus?

It’s always felt to me like right arm gets extended a little too soon. I’m not sure if that is related to her having a slight over grip with her hands—-trying to keep hands aligned.

Notice as her stride leg is moving forward. Her right elbow is working down and her hand is working up and back. I am considering that ER of the upper arm. ER of the upper arm can lead to drag and add time to the swing among other issues.

IMO she needs to ditch the ER and work on adduction of the upper arm. Allowing the hands to work forward as the upper arm works down.

Just my opinion but I do think she will progress very nicely. I see a lot of potential in her movement pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Below are a few recent swings. Still working on getting the foot down and lower half launching before the top half starts coming through, but going the right direction.

Assuming this is who she is emulating..

Notice the differences. The reactive counter rotation of his load ‘moves’ him forward. This is missing in the young ladys’ swing. It’s the posterior load. Or head to toe stretch. It’s moving from the middle. Its the Sagittal load. It’s the spiral line in the posterior chain that runs from the back of the front shoulder down to the heel in the back foot. It sets up the rest of the swing.

It’s the one stretch that should be maxed out so to speak. It certainly should be pulled tight.

Without it, timing can sometimes be hard to find. Balance is tough to maintain and staying on the ball can be a challenge as well.

This stretch should be held until the ball is gone.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee