10u Pitcher

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 19, 2018
No your assessment is correct. She likes pitching, but change she does not. I'm definitely going to find a way for to want to pitch this way. I told her last night that it will help her be more consistent in the long run which = more pitching time, so hopefully that will work.

I am going to throw this out there. I know some people here might disagree. I also did NOT do this with my dd. I had the means to find a pitching coach to guide / teach the transition from HE to IR. Having said that, this is an option...

She is 10. Let her pitch how she is comfortable. Will it make both your time and hers more enjoyable this year? Will it give you a better chance of having her work hard? Learn to enjoy the game? She is big, strong and athletic enough that she can totally dominate for the next year or even possibly more if she puts in the work, even if it is HE.

If she catches the pitching bug, Who is to say that she can't switch at a later date.

Sep 29, 2014
and.......yes we will simply disagree. This is the perfect time before the season gets in full swing and we are in a little down time with the holidays coming up to begin the journey. Getting the pinky to lead is a helpful cue. Also it looks like she is really trying keep her laces to catcher but she is really forcing it at times. It is important in the first couple throws she is doing the lean over/monkey butt pose and it is mostly tied to the back heel staying on the ground...the heel needs to come up off the ground and laces to catcher but it should be natural and lose, if you watch Finch her back heel does touch the ground sometimes but it's a complete non issue because it is so lose and natural her heel bounces right back of the ground into the correct position. She does also really seemed stressed about throwing "strikes", it is hard but form has to come first for now, make her stand closer to the tarp or whatever she is throwing into so she can't really tell where the ball is going.

Unfortunely there are no shortcuts or magic fixes this is a marathon and unlike Kipchoge you can't do it in under two hours ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28