10u parents are the very best

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 19, 2019
My name is on every post I have ever made on any softball forum.

As it should be.

I'd call myself something like,,, well like hummingbird if I was worried about anyone being offended by something I post.

Oct 19, 2019
Oh, right.

Pointing out my own screen name, which I'm certain you read, and your screen name, which I have to assume you know as you're likely the one who made it, is a sure sign of hysteria. 🙄

Other things too, I guess. 🙄 🙄

Jun 12, 2015
giphy.gif

May 29, 2015
Reminds me of another forum I have visited for 20 years now. The biggest form of entertainment over the years is people asking for advice, then deriding the advice and those who offer. It always goes well ... just not usually for the OP.

Coaching is not just Xs and Os anymore, especially if you are forming your own organization. It is a business and you need to run it as such. That means you need to realize what you are good at and what you want to do. Then you figure out what you are NOT good at and DON’T want to do and you surround yourself with good people to cover your weaknesses.

A “team mom” can be a valuable resource to you. Although, I would suggest naming that person (mom or dad) your “off-field team manager” and making that officially known to your whole team, just like they know your assistant coaches. You also make sure this person doesn’t go rogue, meaning you set defined boundaries for their responsibilities and you need to approve the activities this person is setting up. You can NOT just say “knock yourself out” and then get butt-hurt when they do something you don’t like.

Oct 19, 2019
Reminds me of another forum I have visited for 20 years now.

Cool story, bro.

Action packed!

I doubt anyone is going to read it all, but I'm sure it had everything!

Now tell us the one about the time when the person never asked for advice and then thanked the person who gave it anyway.

See post #8 of the thread.

This was not a "what would you do?" kind of thing. I'm not sure how anyone who read it could think it was.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Rather amusing that you post something like this, which isn't exactly a "Everybody like ice cream" sort of post that everybody is going to agree with, and then seem miffed that people are not jumping up and down agreeing with you that all 10U parents must be sent to the Hague.. ;)

Here is my take, there are idiot parents (not that these two examples fit that bill imo) at all age groups just like there are idiots in all facets of life.

Oct 19, 2019
Rather amusing that you post something like this, which isn't exactly a "Everybody like ice cream" sort of post that everybody is going to agree with, and then seem miffed that people are not jumping up and down agreeing with you that all 10U parents must be sent to the Hague.. ;)

Which people "disagreed" with anything I posted?

Disagreeing with the post at the top would be tough.

The thread would have kinda taken this path:

Me: "Hey gang, this silly thing happened and keeps happening and I don't like it..."

Random person:

"No it didn't happen and even though it didn't happen you did like it."

There was an early post that could be construed as a disagreement, I guess. I'd have to look for the post number, but it was something about adults not being able to follow basic instructions and think for themselves not being all that bad of a thing.

Jun 8, 2016
Disagreeing with the post at the top would be tough.
True, cannot disagree with the post itself since it was just a description of incidents which occurred
but one can certainly disagree with the premise behind the post which was communicated (sarcastically)
with the thread title.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28