10u girls using The Ghost

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
, "wow this feels terrible",

That's a great reaction...you had me going thinking you were gonna say something good...then the "t" word.

I don't think they should have marketed the bat like they did just to try and get instant sales. Think they should have really left
out some of the "selling" words, but then it wouldn't have had the impulse parent sales. I dont think the bat is much good
for 95% percent of players and it actually has less tech than the LXT has. Why it has the increased price tag is beyond me.

But on a good note, I hope their stores are enjoying these things collecting dust :)

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Apples to oranges I know but when I hit infield with my dd’s Combat Maxxum,28/15, I had to actually try not to hit too hard. That little bat was super hot, plus I was hitting to 7&8 yo’s. Point being, the PXT should be easy for a grown man to hit hard with.

I think you may be missing my point, this is about these two different bats performances........I hit TONS of softballs every week and I promise you I can hit very hard, what I'm saying is, two identical swings with the LXT and the PXT, the exit speed and velocity is definitely higher with the LXT! This was a bat comparison, not whether or not I can hit hard with a PXT!

Dec 5, 2017
I think you may be missing my point, this is about these two different bats performances........I hit TONS of softballs every week and I promise you I can hit very hard, what I'm saying is, two identical swings with the LXT and the PXT, the exit speed and velocity is definitely higher with the LXT! This was a bat comparison, not whether or not I can hit hard with a PXT!

I didn’t mean it that way at all. I took it as the ball didn’t come off the PXT as fast because of the bat, not because of you. Sorry if it sounded that way, maybe I worded my point incorrectly.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I didn’t mean it that way at all. I took it as the ball didn’t come off the PXT as fast because of the bat, not because of you. Sorry if it sounded that way, maybe I worded my point incorrectly.

No problem Mike, but that was the issue, the ball didn't come off of the PXT as fast as the LXT that I'm used to swinging. No comparison in those two bats!

May 19, 2016
I don't knock the LXT, its a good bat, plain and simple. PXT is a POS. I also have never lied about a product like other big named stores do just to sell. And I
have told people from the start, the Ghost is the best bat made right now and people have tried for themselves and not one bad review. I still stand by
that comment.

BUT, and its a big BUT...I would never support a company that went out of their way to screw over middle class stores owners AND their own customers.

I had a lot more written here...but I digress :)

This Is exactly why I respect Cores opinion. Hes genuinely out here to help people and get them a honest deal on a quality bat. Ive only bought one bat from him, but until my daughter gets out of the -11 weight drop and moves up to a -10 there Isnt a whole lot I can buy from him right now. Rest assure, as soon as that day comes, I will be texting Core for bats to the point where hes gonna block my number just to get some peace and quiet. :D

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
This Is exactly why I respect Cores opinion. Hes genuinely out here to help people and get them a honest deal on a quality bat. Ive only bought one bat from him, but until my daughter gets out of the -11 weight drop and moves up to a -10 there Isnt a whole lot I can buy from him right now. Rest assure, as soon as that day comes, I will be texting Core for bats to the point where hes gonna block my number just to get some peace and quiet. :D

I can tell you core and I are friends so we text each other at least once a week and more than often 3-5 times a week just to shoot the bull. If he can put up with me, I doubt he'd block your number if he hasn't done so with me yet:rolleyes:

May 20, 2015
eldest DD had the same reaction to the CFX we got as a replacement for a broken CF9.......we gave it a try here in there in BP and a few scrimmages, it went on ebay last week.......she got a ghost for christmas and her initial reaction was "another bat?".......she swung it in an indoor game last week and was like "whoa"....

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I can tell you core and I are friends so we text each other at least once a week and more than often 3-5 times a week just to shoot the bull. If he can put up with me, I doubt he'd block your number if he hasn't done so with me yet:rolleyes:

I deleted your number before I could block it :)

To be honest, there are times I have initiated the convo. Not too many people I know that I can talk softball
with as much as I do and not get sick of it...haha

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2017
Since there alot of knowledgeable folks in here when it comes to bats, I have a question. My daughter plays 10U with the 11" RIF 1 compression ball and I have always wondered if it is even worth the money to purchase a bat like the Ghost when hitting that softer ball? My thought was that the the composite bats like the Ghost are more suited to work with the harder balls that she will be using in 12U and up, and for now a hybrid composite handle/aluminum barrel bat would be recommended. Am I thinking about this wrong?

P.S. first post, but have reading and learning alot over the last few month's. Thank you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28