10u girls using The Ghost

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
I still see this bat floating around hs games quite a bit. You can kinda tell it’s probably players/parents that just don’t know, I’ve never brought it up to umpires.

The seller had it listed at buy it now for 40 something plus shipping so I put that seller in the non-predatory category lol!

I’m not an Easton guy but I think that bat was thought of as pretty durable. Hope it swings like the ghost....

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
I’m starting to believe the hot out of the wrapper stuff. DD’s warranty ghost showed up two days ago and she hit it in front toss. Absolute rockets compared to a -9 Xeno with pretty low number of hits on it. I’m going to try and back up my observations tonight with pocket radar exit speeds. I’ve always believed in hitting bats “like you stole them” but I think im going to see if I can find a Stealth Flex on the cheap for a practice bat. Should have listened to Core sooner. Sigh.

Yocoach- in reading your post I’m wondering if I’m holding 15 year old dd back by having her swing a measly 33/23. There are some big bats in that arsenal.
The Xeno uses a similar technology as the Ghost, a softer outer barrel with something to stop the flex inside the barrel. Xenos just have inner metal discs as opposed to an inner composite barrel the Ghost has. The Ghost is just hotter IMO.

Mar 15, 2017
I know they are making a usssa ghost. Was told June 1st about.

Think usssa is the only one holding this up as they are deciding what their "standards"
will be on gap bats

Are you anticipating a performance difference between the Ghost now vs the USSSA approved model?

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
All depends what usssa allows...that's the key thing. usssa has said they would look into allowing gap bats if proven that they cant be "enhanced".

Problem is you know the old saying "if you ain't cheatin, you ain't trying". This sentiment is far to true for a lot of people/players. And cheaters
are usually ahead of the system. Most any bat can be enhanced, so I don't really know what they are looking for. Hell, the bats they allow now
are enhanced more than other association bats and yet they are allowed. usssa slowpitch is terrible at monitoring this, even though they want to act
like they care.

They don't even want to test at their "worlds" event.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Yet another reason to not play USSSA. For years they have played lip service to "player safety issue" when it is just another way to shake down people for more money.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I’m starting to believe the hot out of the wrapper stuff. DD’s warranty ghost showed up two days ago and she hit it in front toss. Absolute rockets compared to a -9 Xeno with pretty low number of hits on it. I’m going to try and back up my observations tonight with pocket radar exit speeds. I’ve always believed in hitting bats “like you stole them” but I think im going to see if I can find a Stealth Flex on the cheap for a practice bat. Should have listened to Core sooner. Sigh.

Yocoach- in reading your post I’m wondering if I’m holding 15 year old dd back by having her swing a measly 33/23. There are some big bats in that arsenal.

The truth is, it swings much lighter than most other bats from many other manufacturers out there in the same length and weight but has the mass to back up the performance in an end-load. I've swung every bet that I've put into play with my hitters and have personally seen a huge difference between their previous bats and the Ghost. I may have a swing speed in the high 80's but it doesn't matter IMO. The improvement in the ball distance is phenomenal for my players since I've put them in bigger, heavier bats that haven't affected their mechanics or swing speed.

ETA: One thing to consider is my DD grew up a metalhead i.e. A huge Rocktech fan. She's had RT's from the age of 11 and has smashed the ball with them. I have tried every composite bat out there and she hated them all because the performance wasn't there from the get-go. Both coresftball20 and I had thought we had a winner with the Combat Wanted. Unfortunately, DD didn't have the patience to let it fully open up. Even now, after many thousands of hits on it, it's still wanting IMO but getting hotter with every hit. When it gets to that breaking point though, I can tell you that it will be ONE HOT BAT! That Said, the difference in weighting from an RT end-load and the Easton is still rather large. It took DD about 2000 balls to adapt but the ball just absolutely rockets off of this bat. Just from visual reference and not radar exit speeds, I'd say her exit speed have increased by as much as 33% or better. Her swing speeds are in between 79-83 MPH as a general rule according to my pocket radar and ZEPP. Just an FYI to judge what kind of performance you can expect.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
Yocoach, that’s interesting. You could have been describing dd, she hit metal until first year 14’s when she started playing up. I felt it was time to get away from RT/RF for many reasons, hit a more conventional bat. I also felt that she would be seeing much better pitching and adjustability and early bat speed would become critical. That “plan” has worked but maybe it’s time to try a bigger ghost now that she is a 16 playing 16’s.... As a recovering metal head, she grudgingly liked -9 Xenos but Ghost is the first bat she has truly loved. thanks for the info

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee