10u DD has gone 15 innings without pitching a walk

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 26, 2021
My daughter has never been the no. 1 pitcher on the team until this last fall season (rec), now she's clearly the no.1 pitcher in the league. She's been working a lot. Her last game was this last Saturday, the championship game. She pitched 5 innings, we unfortunately lost, our infield just wasn't making plays. The other team was stacked, everyone but maybe 3 girls were all star level, so I don't think the teams ended up very fair, but we gave them a run for their money.

Afterwards I noticed my daughter hasn't walked a girl in 15 innings. She pitched 75% strikes that game and we were trying to pitch to the corners. Here's my favorite play from the game:

She was hitting her spots and still played her position. She's still pitching fairly slow, hoping the speed will come eventually, but she's doing great with what she's got right now. Anyways just a shameless brag!

Feb 24, 2022
You will win a lot of games at 10U if you don't walk girls. Speed will develop, but at 10U the ability to throw strikes is a real difference maker. Congrats to your daughter and tell her to keep it up!

May 26, 2021
I don't think I have ever seen anything that egregious.. impressive :LOL:
I hope the dude at least backs up when there is a lefty up....
that's why I love DFP dad has to learn too, now I know not to do that again :) I think blue's generally let the coaches do a lot they shouldn't as far as being on the field with 10u rec to correct girls and what not, so no one said anything.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28